• Ask
  • myTake

Would a guy stop talking to you when everything was great before the first date?

I've been talking to this guy for nearly a week. We weren't expecting to have so much in common. We would talk for hours because we both worked the... Show More

He knew what he was getting into. He had seen my pictures and even being on webcam. I was no different than I was online or through a text. He also is 30 years old so I doubt he would go this low to just stop talking to me.

Most Helpful Opinion

• 1. He decided you aren't compatible but didn't want to say it to your face.or2. You're not the only girl he's been talking with and decided to focus his attention elsewhere.

• Age has nothing to do with it. He could be 50 and act like he was 17. In fact, most guys do...

What Guys Said 5

• Even still, sometimes things are different once you meet. Also, maybe he wasn't totally honest with you, and maybe you weren't the only girl he was talking to.

• Did you two meet online? It sounds like everything was great before you met because all either one of you had going for you was your personalities. Now, when you met faces were put to the words, that's when it sounds like things changed for him. Maybe you weren't what he was expecting. And sometimes, the vibe you have before you meet, isn't the same when you meet. I'm speaking from experience because I was just in the guys position.

• just another flaky character...don't waste your time to trying to wonder what happened...

• It sounds like he just flaked. I came to find out apparently its normal for some people after one meeting or even not meeting that they feel its not necessary to be an adult and call or at least one way or another let the person know they aren't interested but rather ignore the person. It may be normal for them but that's by no means normal for me, if you are over 18 technically we are an adult right? but yet they can't have they common courtesy and just say hey I am not interested or whatever. So after I came to realize this is what girls do who are immature and have grown up yet its by no means any girl I want to be with and I have to assume guys do the same thing...so as I said he flaked and you probabbly won't hear from him again.Then again he could have someone on the side, or because he is shallow he found something stupid and small he just focused on about you and that was enough for him to lose interest...anything is possible as stupid as it is.

What Girls Said 3

• He was just trying to be nice. Guys tend to hate rejecting girls. But hate to put it bluntly, if he doesn't contact he's not interested. In my experience, I tend to make guys work for it... Ie: don't be the first one to text! Let him chase you.. Guys like that.

• this sorta thing happened to me. I think sometimes guys are just stupid and they change their mind but don't have the guts to tell you. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong...but maybe yall just weren't meant to be.

• I had a guy do this to me, turns out he was talking to his ex-girlfriend the whole time! He had said they broke up a year ago little did I know it was 3 months before that. Something fishy is def up, I bet there's another girl in the pic or an ex. I'm sure it has nothing to do with what you did or said, guys do this kind of stuff all of the time to girls. They never have the "balls" to actually say what the reason is so they pull a disappear act in hopes you get the message. Don't be surprised if he pops up again, and if he does don't give him the time of day trust me it will be the same.