Should we give dating/our first kiss another shot?

I was dating a guy for a couple months. Our first kiss happened at a bad timing... I had a really bad day, it happened right after I went to the gym so I didn't have a chance to shower, etc. also I don't have a lot of experience. I just wasn't mentally or physically prepared for it to happen but it did. So I didn't enjoy the kiss and he didn't either as a result. We were both turned off. Since it felt a bit forced or unnatural, we became really distant and didn't really address the issue for a while.
I'm traveling for work for about 2 months and We've talked about maybe giving us another shot when I'm back.
We were really excited to date because we've been crushing on each other for a while. when we first started dating, I really felt that I could be in a relationship with him and he felt that way about me.

I'd like to try again especially since I can't tell if the kiss felt that way because of the circumstances or if it felt that way because we're better off as friends.

Is it pointless to try dating again?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Not at all to me i feel like you two should give it a try and let the kiss happen naturally and if sparks flow theb great! Others wise at least you guys gave it a try (:

• Yeah sure! It looks like just a bad timing but else was all fine.