Does anyone have any advice for long distance dating?

I met this wonderful girl, and we started texting and hit it off. We text 24/7 whenever she isn't working and I'm not at the college. She lives about a hour and a half away which I'm perfectly fine with driving, but she is moving nearly 3 and half miles away at the end of July. She insisted that I come stay with her for a couple of days after she moves which I accepted without hesitation. Once the fall semester starts we will both be super busy (i have take 20 credit hours this semester) and she will be taking 15 and working also. We will not have much time to talk so any advice for someone who has never been in a long distance relationship before?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... We will not have much time to talk...
    LDR are One of the Hardest to Have and to UpHold of Any here, dear. I, for One, can personally voich for this.
    Five years ago, a man from Egypt had founf me on Facebook and we had begun a Whirlwind Romance by Chance. After getting to know him and his family much better on Skype, which a person Needs to Do a lot in a LDR, I then hopped on board and flew off to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that after coming back home, I returned thre months later and we ended up tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I then Resided there for quite some time, Learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now, and with Breaking up and Making up a Million times over with my new husband, I never ended up going back over to be with him nor to live. Things got crazy, I cheated a few times, and even Now... I am back to dating.
    With the Middle East being as bad has it has gotten, along with many other personal things in our marriage and in our lives, the Effort mainly in my own Part, didn't come from my Heart.
    It takes two to Tangle, Takes two to Tango and Two to Make a Team Effort as Team mates when it comes to LDR. If One or the Other doesn't make the Efort, it can Grow and Go dead real quick in the water.
    Don't start something if you cannot go through the full journey. It's not like a Regular Relationship, such as One that Can be Close to Home and Close to your Heart, and More of a Stone's Throw in keeping it Together with a Strong Foundation, which Does of course Take work but isn't Such a Struggle as this One that is a LDR.
    Think it over, and if you Both do decide you want to Take this difficult Task on, remember, Skype... Is your Bestie Friend to the End.
    It does indeed Take Two special people to Endure and make Sure. However, I see you Both have Something Special that you have Going, I am just hoping you Can Continue to keep it Flowing.
    Good luck. xx

• *I just read your "Input" down below and the word Effort was written by you even before I could see wha tyou put... Good for you then and Love as well, Lights the way. xx

• And thank you for the Like.. My blessings go with you, been there, done it. xxoo

• Thank you so much for the Vote of Confidence and I am quite Confident you have a Love Handle on this here, dear... Thank you for helping me again to walk down Memory Lane, I always enjoy the Memories so I never have to Forget them. xx

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't love her I'd say it is a waste of time personally

• We discussed it and we're both willing to put in the effort to make it work. I feel like i do love her.

• Well then it involves a shit ton of trust and communication. You have to spell out how you feel because you can't see them when you text them. It is sad and lonely. Quite miserable actually. Fights could become more common as you can't pick up tone in a text. It involves a lot of patience.

• She and I agreed to use Skype as much as we can and only leave texting for throughout the day, so hopefully that will keep fighting down to as marginal as possible.

• Have you ever met that person?

• Not yet, sadly. She has been working a lot and hasn't got any Fridays or weekends off and I've been dealing with summer courses.

• Just a note, when you interact with people in person it can be very very different than when online. When you only met someone online you end up loving the perception you have for them rather than the actual person. I will go as far as to say that many times you dont even know who you really talking to. I dont mean to be negative but i have been there and also saw it happening way too many times. So dont rush into any decisions, give yourself the chance to meet the actual person and spend a lot of time with them first

• She and I have actually addressed that, and that's why we're trying to get a concrete day for dinner and such. Also we have found phone calls to be very useful in getting a grasp of each others personality.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, don't do it. If you are planning on considering a LDR then you must not understand the futility of it. All you need to do is ask yourself this one question.

Do you think that loyalty can exist in a person that is driven mostly by emotion...

• So what all LDRs are futile? I don't believe that. I do believe that loyalty is possible for someone driven primarily by emotion.