Are you able to control your feelings?

I would say that almost everyone can't control their feelings but, i feel like i can and maybe I'm not the only one. All my friends tell me they can't but i can.

This is what i mean:
When i meet a woman that is attractive to me and that is single, of course im interested in her and as i get to know her i get even more interested if we have a lot of things in common. At that point its when i can let my feelings either move forward or stop. Say she was too young or for whatever simple reason i cluldnt date her but could be friends with her, then i will put whatever i felt at that moment on hold and i dont allow myself to like the person more. Instead i start to look at her as a friend and not as a person i would date. And thats how i control them because i dont allow myself to go past that point.

Im not sure if everyone is like that but none of my friends are like that. Can you control your feelings?

• Yes, I can
  • No, I can't

Most Helpful Girl

• I can. None of my friends are like that either.

• I know right? They think im the weird one. Lol

• Same haha. But when they can't control their feelings with somebody shitty they say they wish they were like me lol. They call it weird, I call it logical.

• Exactlyyy!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that we can't control our feelings, it's impossible, we just feel what we feel. However, we can control our reactions to our feelings and our actions according to what we feel. In other words, reason should lead us, not emotion. If we control our actions and reactions too much, the feelings may eventually disappear because reason convinced us that it wasn't the best option.

What Girls Said 18

• Yes, in emergencies, I can lol.

But otherwise, if it's sexual attraction, that's not really an emergency to me. I have epic fantasies. I fap hard, with extreme intensity and vigor, until dehydration takes over.
    But face to face with them I can act calm xD Even my friends who know me through and through can't tell how I feel towards a person if I don't want anyone to notice.
    Infatuations are bound to wear off within months, anyways.

• I can control them in terms of picking who to invest the feelings in.

But once I begin investing, it's hard to stop.

• YESSSS that is exactly how i am!! Is the moment you start talking to that person a lot and you start flirting and stuff thats when you can't stop!

• usually, yes. at times i just leak though :P

• I cannot control my feelings, but I can keep myself in check with my actions.

• I'm still learning.

• I like to believe I am..

• yes because i think n love with my mind , not my heart

• Usually yes but sometimes no
    www.reactiongifs.com/.../I_has_a_sad.gif

• Not well with family. Extremely well with outsiders.

• Thats weird. shouldn't it be the other way around?

• I just ignore them,

• Not too well, but it's rarely been problematic for me.

• Most of the time. At least, I won't show them but I can't always entirely control them

• I'm weak on this lol

• I actually can.

• Isn't it amazing?

• It's both a blessing and a curse.

• Yea thats true!

• I suffer from a psychological condition that if I don't control my feelings it can be dangerous for people around me.

• Ok so i think its better if you have a lot of control over your feelings so we can all be happy.

• Nope!

• Nope. When i have a feeling, it gets out and everyone knows it

• Yes sure of course

What Guys Said 21

• funny you should mention it now, my main teacher at school send me to a psychiatrist because of all the problems that i had, and when she counted them down i was like...

hmm.

i do have problems

i should see a psychiatrist

but like i never thought about it before

• Pretty much yeah. I work in retail, so I have to.

• Oh I've been there and its craziness!

• Feelings sometimes can be controlled but love can't be controlled lust is hard to be controlled but nit impossible tho

• I can't contain myself when @consultantisback puts up a new joocy ass avi.

• You said joocey ass when im fr listenin to Bubble Butt. mp3 lmaoooo
      Turn around stick it show the world you got Bubble butt bubble bubble

• Yes, cause if you let them run wild, it's not going to end well

• Between an anti-depressant called Avanza and Valium, there is not much 'feeling' to control.

• In some regards yes, in others no.

• sometimes i can

• I've got my emotions on a leash. I never express them.

• I can control my actions, but not my feelings or thoughts, because I AM those things.

• Yeah. Wait, no.

• İ dont need it to hide my feelings Cos l am so natural öne maybe l am wrong

• Yes bullying helped me to control my feelings

• Yeah I can but I usually get really depressed internally if I don't act on them. No one can tell but it kills me on the inside.

• yes but im getting kinda tried of it

• Why? isn't that a good thing?

• not always cause I've been studying for a good while now and there are so many lies the kids are being taught someone has to say something, so holding in my emotions sometimes is hard
      but I try not to run on emotions it isn't the best thing too do

• Feels hit me hard. I can control what I do but not how I feel.

• for the most part they can be controlled, especialyl if you think about hem after the fact

• he's a vulcan. live long and prosper. lol

• I don't have any feelings because am not human... I'm a reptile!

• Almost always: it's usually easy for me to stay unattached to girls that other guys are fawning over because I can remind myself they're not that special, just pretty and/or manipulative. But every couple of years I meet a girl I just go crazy over because she has the kind of personality I'm looking for. It's painful even when it works out ok, but I'm afraid that if I don't let that happen once in a while I would miss out on love entirely.

• Yesss exactlyyy!!! That is so true man! Im the same way!!

• Yeah, it sucks and there's no guarantee it will all work out for you in the end, but you don't really have a choice if you don't want to live like a monk...

• Yeah I can do that but I can't stop the depression when it gets me. Generally I lock all my bad feelings up in a box in my head and when it gets full I let it all out at once

• So I can't cause I told him how I felt and he said why can't we just keep talking.
      ? Hmm all I said was what if I'm falling hard for you? Why he say talking