Why does he keep on bringing up the past?

I used to talk to a guy a couple of years ago. It never worked out into us pursuing anything serious because I hooked up with another man and it upset him even though I was single and we were both talking to other people. After all this time he still tries to contact me and bring up the fact that I hurt him. I apologized immensely then when it had happened and even after a few months later when he finally contacted me after ignoring me for 3 months. Years later he contacts me and still brings it up about how much I hurt him and stepped on his feelings. We weren't official then or even now, we never even actually dated, we were just talking and seeing where things went. We aren't even friends anymore. What is his issue?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like he has an issue with moving on and carries a grudge. Don't think this is your fault at all. You have apologized over and over again and have put up with him coming back to you again and again. Tell him you are sorry on last time and let things be done. Ignore him of you have to.

• He seems really dramatic and I would be so annoyed to have to continue apologizing years later. He needs to put himself back together and get over it already. I might be harsh but it has been YEARS! I don't have patience in general for people that need constant reassuring and are emotionally needy. I would stop talking to him if you aren't even friends anymore, tell him you apologized and there is nothing you can do to change what happened and he really needs to let it go now.

• I did. He just says he misses me. I told him when he had a chance to pursue things seriously he took me for granted always canceling plans on me and never taking me out officially on a date. I even ignored him back for a while but eventually he always shows up again. I blocked him this time but I'm just so confused as to what is wrong with him. I definitely agree he might like the drama.