I just turned 39. I got divorced a year ago this month. I don't want kids... how do I find guys to date who don't have and don't want kids?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a piece of string. Find a piece of cardboard and a sharpie. Attach piece of string to top corners of cardboard. Write on cardboard "Will cook for childless husband". Hang cardboard around your neck. Sit on the floor in a busy shopping street.

Or use google to find dating sites. That's a lot easier.

• I'm not a great cook so there goes that. You guys joke but seriously, it's not that easy to find guys who don't have and don't want kids. I thought it'd be easy until I actually started looking.

• You are one what... a good cook or a guy who doesn't want kids?

• Maybe both!
      Haha no, I can definitely not cook.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's nearly impossible. Look for guys with kids in college who don't want more, though. There should be some in the 38-45 range.

• I agree! Have you found any online dating sites or other ways to meet guys that already have grown
      kids? And if I try a dating site again, any suggestions on how I should address the kids issue in my profile?

• I've not tried online dating since my last break up 3 years ago. I'm going by dating IRL - though I don't mind him having kids if the circumstances are good (no baby mama drama, he doesn't want me to take care of them 24/7 while he goes and does other things), I don't think I can have any and it's been difficult bevause most guys 28-40 seem to want more.

I know Match. com has a place asking if you have kids and if you want kids that people just put yes or no on. From what I remember, there are definitely men looking for someone without kids or whose kids are grown up.

What Guys Said 5

• A young man is your best bet.

• Date younger men

• Get online or tinder. okcupid is the most honest and free IMHO. I date younger now cause surprisingly 20's crowd are more open bout not wanting kids as they are not shamed like our generation and the ones before.

• I went on okcupid for a while but it seemed like everyone already had kids. It was frustrating.

• I feel you. That why I date 20's girls. Hard to find a single woman 30+ with no kids and doesn't want them. And if you do. They are quite literally looking for guys of the "perfect" variety. Good luck.

• Yeah and I don't want a guy in his 20s.

• Should be easy.

• bad girl ;)

What Girls Said 4

• Just be a cougar I guess

• That's going to be really hard. Try a dating site, otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. That's not really a good deal breaker for someone your age. If he's a father, that doesn't mean he can't find room for yo in his life.

• I guess if the kids are grown but I don't want to be a step mom. I sound like a jerk but I don't want to take care of a kid.

• Would you consider a man who didn't have custody of his child or had custody every other weekend of something? Or is that still a no?

• I guess if I met the right person I might consider it.

• Try tinder

• yea because men are dying to get married and have babies... it should be extremely hard