How do you deal with rejection?

I have no problem talking to strangers because they are strangers. They can say that I am Hitler reborn and it doesn't bother me because they don't know me, I don't know them and I will probably never see them again. But how do you handle rejection from someone you care about? I'm thinking about asking someone out, but when I try to nothing comes out. All I can think is "maybe she'll say no. She's going to say no." I try and remind my self that "I haven't asked her anything, she hasn't said no..." followed by "yet." And my morale is lost. I've been trying to ask her out for a week now, and I just don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I go through rejection lots of times, and it really hurts when you go through the rejection of someone that you like and are infatuated with. I was rejected by my crush when I told him I liked him, and even though I'm still hung over-I know I'll find someone better. Also, do you mind helping me with my situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't let rejection bother me. You got rejected by a mere human just like you, me and everyone else. Don't put people up on a pedestal and you won't feel it as much

• You're suggesting I not thing highly of people I care about?

• You're suggesting I not think* highly of people I care about?

• You can think highly of them, but just don't put them on such a high pedestal. When you approach somebody, they can either accept or reject. Gatta be ready for both

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I have no problem whatsoever with rejection. There's another woman across the street who may take my number down.

• wait till you get to know the feels xD

• @genericname85 Yeah and I'm glad. Me personally, I'm not really interested in finding a relationship right now. Maybe my opinion will change later on.

• yeah i totally understand xD it was just your initial opinion, that triggered me a little, cause a lot of guys just want to act cool. of course you´ll have a phase where you don´t even want anything and of course you don´t care about rejection then, cause you didn´t really want her to begin with. i wouldn´t care if some bitch i wanted to fuck rejected me but if i really felt something for her, it´s a totally different story and i feel like it would be like that for pretty much everybody.

• I have never asked to a girl. But, I think you should be an interesting person after all. I mean Hitler reborn part.

• I don't care. Getting a yes and getting a no impact me the same way

• I'm fine with it.