Why girls like douchebags?

Can someone explain it to me like im a 4 year old? why girls like assholes? seriously WHY?

Most Helpful Girl

• At a young age our parents tell us that the little boy who pulled our hair or was mean to us in first grade was "only doing it because he likes you." This has made us think that being treated like shit means someone likes us (the worse we're treated, the more we're liked). Then we spend our teenage years watching romantic comedies that make us believe that the mean guy will see the light and become a loving thoughtful good guy. Yup, it's bull and I wish it weren't so.

What Girls Said 6

• Because they say all the right things (make her feel special) but it's only a trick to get in her pants.

• cuz douchebags are usually hot and have big dicks duh

• thanks for your honesty!

• No offense, but is it that girls really “like douchebags” or are they just generally not all that interested in you and tend to be more interested in guys you perceive to be douchebags?

• nah, they love the assholes.

• So because you choose to be friends with assholes who “just happen” to cheat on their girlfriends and not care, you assume that all girls like “douchebags”? -_-

• Kinda seems that way sorry :/

• Still asking myself that question... don't know. For me I've dated the nice guy and he's usually a pushover and I want a challenge. Which is stupid but as I get older an asshole isn't so fun to pursue.

• I can't stand them

• Because the girl is a douchebag too. It's as simple as that most of the time.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, you said it, girls. Women don't like douchebags, cause what kind of respectable person would like someone that would mistreat them and others?
    The reason girls like douchebags is because they're immature and most likely have some issues, either daddy issues or some sort of insecurity (that's why the vast majority of girls in HS fall for the douches).
    Also many douches are attractive, they extrude confidence and assertiveness, and since these girls have little to no confidence, they're easy to manipulate and will do whatever for the popular hot guy.

As these girls get older, they'll start maturing and disliking douchebags. The more mature, the less she'll like them.
    That's why it's difficult for a young respectful man to land a great woman, cause they haven't matured enough yet, and still go for the douchebags; they're still girls.

• Because they are confident and go get and say what they want. They don't think they just act. So instead of a guy thinking I like this girl I'll go say hi and some how work a complement into the conversation. Usually they don't manage to do so. Instead a bad boy will way hi talk and make it a point regardless of the conversation flatter her.

• This is just the way women nowadays are. Waste their time on douchebags, get disapointed by the way they are treated (which by the way could be seen from a mile away), blame it on society, become retarded ass feminists, complain about objectification and blame it all on capitalism and protest against it until the next iphone comes out.

And even when all this SJW trend ends, they will still like douchebags more. Maybe date some older women? ;D

• This again, jesus fuck... Learn to be someone interesting, and women will find you interested. Get over it.

• It gives the impression of being badass.

• Give an example of a time you've seen this... With specific people and actions...