With a first kiss who should make the first move?

As you'll find online in articles, blogs, other forums, Q and A's, a percentage believe the guy should initiate, it's old fashioned and what works as girls are more 'shy' and guys are viewed as naturally the initiator. Yet you'll notice guys are the ones that chase, and girls are the ones that choose; in movies, series, and other forms of media the girl goes in for the first kiss. Girls are hard to read into and for them to choose a guy can avoid the pain of rejection if the feeling isn't reciprocated (which realistically we all fear rejection when we're vulnerable like that, right?)
So with all those different views placed out there, who do you think should make the first move?

• The girl should initiate the first kiss
  • The guy should initiate the first kiss

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the guy should initiate, just what I'm used to but the girl should give a very clear signal that she's open to it. The last time it worked really well was when I was telling her something about myself while we were going for a walk after dinner and she said "that's really attractive", I turned to her and pulled her in for a kiss and the chemistry was so strong already that it was absolutely great for both of us.

What Guys Said 8

• Lol guys are 50/50 girls are majority guys initiating it.
    Personally I think it's obvious if I want to kiss her or not but not clear if she herself wants to be kissed so I'd rather her initiate it to stop an awkward moment from happening

• Whoever wants to kiss should initiate.

• Guy should start, but not every time. The girls should also start the kids at points. It keeps things from being a one man show. Literally.
    It's also a turn on and reassures guys that u girls love them!

• I would say girls. One time I was just staring at the screen ( a movie date) then suddenly she was just keep looking at me and my lips then bang!

• i think none of both should, it should be spontaneous.

• Dude. Always dude.

• Who ever is the first one brave enough to make it. Some guys are just not ready to try to make that move so the girl should try and initiate it.

• I don't care about who does it first. Either they'll reciprocate my feelings and I feel like I'm on top of the world or they reject me and I feel like shit. It only makes it worse thinking about it too much.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the guy should. I've never initiated a first kiss

• I hope guys to initiate that.

• I think the guy should take the lead on this one