How important is it for your S/O's parents to like you? is it important at all?

I have been dating my girlfriend for 6 months now, she's 30 and I am 27. She is middle eastern but not your typical middle eastern girl, she drinks and smokes and -parties. Anyways, I've yet to meet her parents. I get the sense that even though they don't know me, they don't like me. Over the last two months she's been having issues with them, they cut off funding her like giving her money and she won't tell me why just saying they are in a bad place. But the question remains, does it really matter if your partners parents don't like you? I keep telling her to try to work on their relationship and to not distance herself.

• Matters
  • Doesn't Matter

Most Helpful Girl

• ideally, i want them to love me of course.

Most Helpful Guy

• it matters to an extent for sure. having the parents be supportive of the relationship can only make things easier. it's not necessary to have the support of parents but it can only make things easier

What Girls Said 4

• Supeeeer Important, I want to have a very good relationship with them :)

• It is important for me.

• Really important for me. I wouldn't date/get serious with a guy my parents didn't like

• It would be great if they did, but I don't need them to

What Guys Said 3

• Ideally I'd like to them to like or love me but if they don't or didn't ehh *shrugs* o well can't please everyone, life will go on.

• That's really important

• Yeah I would like to be comfortable around them