Why do women prefer dark skinned men?

Especially light skinned women. It seems that dark skinned men can easily get a beautiful light skinned woman. A dark skinned men can be the most generic and plain looking man and yet light skinned women see him as very attractive. It seems that as a light skinned man you have to be very attractive for light skinned women to like. You cannot be plain looking. The only way you can sometimes get away with being light skinned as a man is if you are white. I am a light skinned men who isn't white and I envy dark skinned men who can easily get a beautiful light skinned woman. I am Hispanic and I see a lot of beautiful light skinned Latinas going for the most generic and plain dark skinned Latinos and they see these men as being hot while they don't give a regular looking light skinned guy a chance.

I wanted to post a picture of me but it says you have to be Xper level 2 to have a link. How many points do you need for this. I am a Hispanic guy and most of the Latinas I like are around my skin color and they seem to prefer darker guys. The only way the woman would actually be lighter than me is if she was white but they prefer darker Latinos or black men. If white women date a light skinned man then he is white and I am light skinned but don't look white.
I just ordered a spray on tan after your answers. Unfortunately it looks like I was correct.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like lighter skinned men but my boyfriend is darker so... go figure

Most Helpful Guy

• by darker skin do you mean tanned white guys or black men or hispanic/latino men?

the statistics would show that women do not prefer "darker skinned" men as white men still far and away are the most "popular" partner. interracial relationships makeup about 30% of all relationships, meaning that same race relationships still dominate. going further dark skinned men (presuming you mean black men) only makes up about 10% of the pool interracial dating pool

• Dark skinned Hispanic men and black men. I am a light skinned Hispanic guy and I see that a lot of light skinned Latinas (around my color) are going out with darker Latinos (by far sometimes). I know that if I was white I would have a shot being light skinned but I look more Eurasian rather than white.

• hmmm don't know.

What Girls Said 10

• For black guys I prefer dark skin, for white guys it doesn't matter, for Asians it doesn't matter and for Hispanic guys I'd prefer lighter to a decent tan but brown doesn't bother me.

• I loveee chocolate 😊

• You should try Vanilla or Cinnamon also.

• I loveeee those too. Doesn't matter to me as long as you're a man and you're the perfect gentleman. And you handle your business.

• I always prefer my man darker than me, sounds trivial but i like the contrast of his darker shade next to my lighter skin and darker skin toned men are beautiful specimens of nature, so attractive, gotta love that rich dark skin.

• Meh, it's not true. Stop imagining things in your head. Most girls go for guys they find attractive, regardless of their skin color.

• Well dark skinned dudes really seem to like light skinned girls so maybe these women enjoy the appreciation. Everyone wants to feel beautiful. Or maybe it has less to do with skin color and more to do with who they are.

• I wonder if it's confidence also. It seems that most dark skinned men do not get intimidated and don't mind getting rejected while many light skinned men are shy. Just a theory which could apply in my case of being a light skinned man.

• I have a little preference for pale skin actually

• I prefer pale skin but the majority of women find dark / tan skin sexier than pale skin

• Well, I don't. Skin colorreally doesn't matter at all to me

• I like white guys lol

• Opposites tend to attract. Not always but...

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, they do. For the same reason that guys prefer lighter skin. Its a common biological difference that women are lighter skinned than men of the same ethnicity. Its a result of different hormones that are necessary for women to be healthy and fertile.

This mostly counts for people of the same ethnicity, but can in some cases also be interracial.

• I don't know why people need to skin dark men. What did they ever do to you?

• Your skin tone alone doesn't mean anything, that's nonsense to think the tone of your skin is the deal breaker in how people pick their partners.

• as a pale white skinned guy i can tell you for a fact that women are automatically not interested in me. Yes i can earn that interest but i dont "catch their eye" like a guy with a good tan or minority skin color. I just blend in

• Hm I don't know about this because I'm a light tan and all my girlfriends have been the same color as me.

• You know what they say:

"The darker the skin something something huge cock!"

• i have olive skin and honestly I've never had girls express interest in that quality alone... i don't know it's a good question... apparently darker skin is indicative of higher levels of testosterone or something, good blood flow or they care of themselves and get out in the sun

• I invite you over to Australia to ask that question. I guarantee your premise would change!

• Because 20 inch cocks

• Who cares if they do? People have preferences, I'm sure you have preferences too. as does everybody.

• Funny... I always see the following:

Hispanic women go for white guys
    Black women go for white guys
    Dark skin ladies go for white guys.
    Asians go for white guys