Is he upset at me?

Me and this guy have been talking for a little bit. He asked me if I wanted to go out over text, but I didn't reply for a day because life just got the best of me (I was sort of ignoring him, because I didn't feel like responding, and I think he knows that). I apologized and said I can't, I was helping my friend (who's also his good friend). He said ok, and is everything alright with *insert friends name*?, and also provided a new day. I said maybe, I'll have to check if I have something before to do that day, and that I was helping her with a double date. He said ok, asked who we were both going with, and also said if I was busy, nevermind about going out its fine (a couple days before, he was joking about saying how its fine doesn't mean its fine) "but do you have to do anything?". Now I don't know what to say or do, I haven't responded yet (sort of ignoring again) and I need to answer. I feel like he's upset at me, but idk?

What Guys Said 1

• You should tell him your not looking to date.. if your not interested in him that way. It will let him know and would be better than leading him on with "I'll have to check". If he says that wasn't his intentions... then you'll finally have the air cleared and can hangout without it feeling awkward.

What Girls Said 2

• you dont sound that interested, are you? your pushing him away

• I like him well enough, I enjoy doing stuff with him, but I just don't feel like talking to him sometimes. Don't get me wrong, he has literally done everything for me, goes out of his way to make things for me, help me, be there when i'm sick, I just don't feel like talking to him sometimes, I need my space. Now he just seems frustrated with me, even after I apologize for ignoring.

• Of course he is. You turned him down multiple times