What makes you think someone's out of your league?

mostly it's looks but in addition to that.. what things make you think a person is too good for you? What makes you think someone's out of your league?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks obviously play a big role or when they are always super kind to me. I could never be with such a person bc sometimes I just need to have an argument with them, as crazy as it sounds..
    Also when they are extremely smart but I've only ever met one person like that in my life and he was literally a Steve Jobs-level-genius so that's very unlikely to happen ahah :P

What Guys Said 39

• I don't know, looking back, I've had sex with girls that were "above" my league in terms of looks. Only one girl that was a charity case and "below" my league in terms of looks. Most girls have pretty much been "above" my league in terms of looks. I've never really had like a legit sculpted six pack. Despite that, it's never really been an issue. For as long as you're not a moron and you have an attractive face that's not resting on an ugly body... I haven't found looks to be that much of a make or break factor (as a guy).

Obviously, if the guy is like below a 7-8 out of 10, then he really shouldn't be thinking about doing anything with a 9-10. But he doesn't have to be a 9-10 himself in terms of looks to do something with a 9-10.

I think a girl is out of a guy's league if he's like a whole 2-3 steps lower than her in terms of looks, and she is more socially dominant and assertive than he is, and she has substantially more motivation than him (for life activities, fun and entertainment), and she makes way more money than him, and she's way more accomplished than him.

I mean, if that's the case, I don't care how "nice" you are, it's just not gonna happen. And if it is gonna happen, you're no longer a man, you're like this pocket drag along puppy dog play thing for her own "emotional" gratification.

Basically, if a relationship with you is not mutually beneficial and rewarding, then you're out of her league.

• I don't think we care about the number (as in 7.. 8 ) as much when we're attracted to someone

• I think leagues are very subjective. Some people are attracted to certain types of people and some people are not. For some people it is only physical while for others league equates to wealth.

For me..

Physical.. I wouldn't date someone I'm not attracted to. You can say I'm arrogant but I'm not going to downplay myself to sound a certain way. I know I look good and and I work at it. If a girl doesn't take care of herself and take pride in her appearance too then I wouldn't consider her.

Everything else.. They would have to be self motivators and ambitious in what they want to do. I don't want a little pet I want a woman who knows what she wants and where she is going. Confidence is key. Education and intelligence is a must.. I don't need someone brilliant. That being said me being an engineer in the two or so years I need someone who can comprehend logic and understand what I'm talking about when I talk about work. I work hard at university and take care of myself.. I deserve a girl that is on that same level as me and if they aren't then I'm out of their league and they are below me. If some girl does everything I just listed better than me.. then she is out of my league.

• hold on.. you're an engineer? :O

• To the Asker: Are you saying that If I am an Engineer I could have a shot with you. If that's true then I better try harder to get a job in my major.

• that's great.. I have to work as well... this summer too... but I'll graduate on time..
      @Orellana13 that's cute lol.. intelligence is always a turn on.. for me at least.. :P

• Appart from looks, I think it's mostly the life style they lead or personality type they are. Someone who parties and hangs out with dozens of people every week would be way out of league for someone who barely gets out of their house or doesn't know any one.

• I've only ever thought leagues as 100% looks tbh. The other things like personality and status are more down to compatibility than league. There have been a few women way out of my league that i've approached and had amazing conversations with, even been on dates with a couple.

• To add,

Looks are something kinda out of your control (within reason) so you accept that there will be "leagues". Things like being charming, having a good job and being able to socialise are really in your own hands. So instead of thinking people are out of my league here, i just improve myself.

• yeah that's a great perspective.. :)

• m.quickmeme.com/.../...bdc4e4ecc455638f909188c.jpg
    I mean I applied, but then I didn't wanna be no bitch so... Yeah.

• Unless she's named Jessica Alba, she's in my league👍✌

• Only If their name is cinderelli lol!
    I don't really think about leagues... there might be a slight moment of being nervous but once you talk to the person and figure out they're normal people it all fades away.

• Some people just inhabit entirely different worlds. I've met girls who are fitness models who date rich guys who owned companies. Those girls were living in a completely different world than me, like they expected the guys they dated to have significant means. That's a different league.

• Nothing.

If you view dating in terms of "leagues" though, I don't think I'd want to date you.

• or you do't get life.. lol.

• some things cannot be changed, hahahaahaha.. you're older than i am, and less aware... cool. acceptance in life comes with peace, not moping about shit that is beyond your reach.

• @norsenorthman
      Oh look, more assumptions. It's like this is common from people on the internet or something. I never said everything can be changed. In fact I firmly believe otherwise.
      And "not moping about shit that is beyond your reach." is literally what I just said. You don't comprehend what you read, and then make incredibly wrong assumptions. No, your age is about correct.

• If I am playing for the New York Mets of the National League, but she is playing for the Connevticut Sun of the WNBA.

• Looks, wealth, and the quality of the guys she normally has hitting on her.

• No... I don't consider anyone to be out of my league or the other way around. Like I said a couple times ago. If you approach me to talk, then I'll talk with you no matter how 'hot' you are.

If someone thinks they are out of my league that usually is a red flag for me to stay away from them even if some where along the way they change their mind.

• I don't agree with some of the other opinions and I'll tell you why while answering your question.

What sets someone in a different league is their status. Not social status, but where a person stands in life. A person living in his mother's basement trolling his life away on the internet with no job and a garbage can next to his computer filled with used tissues *wink* should have no expectation for acquiring a supermodel to be his girlfriend. Feel my drift?

• I don't even know what my league is xD

• I don't consider anyone out of my league.

• its because of if a girl is very well educated, and since im a dyslexic i think most of the girls are out my league

• I never think like that. Never exclude myself from nothing.
    Now, i can just don't care about some kind of people with certain way of living.

But never that i'm not good enough.

• For me
    It's when she's that too much innocent angel types
    Cause I personally am a bad boy
    And as we know Goddess and Devil won't match or look good together 😂 LOL

• Like if she is incredibly kind i get bashful quickly.

• My leagues...

Single
    Dating
    Engaged
    Married

Only women out of my league fall in that last category.

• Our instinct

• I don't.

• If I have done something bad and the other person hasn't done that sort of thing, I would feel like that person is too good for me. Lucky I haven't made any big mistakes so normally I'm the good guy but being good makes you lonely.

And No, its not mostly looks because everyone has their own opinions on whats good looking and whats not.

If someone finds a person out of their league by looks its because they have low self-esteem.

• yeah its completely subjective.. I know.. :)

• hahaha.. IKR..

• arrogance... :) most of the girls need to learn to be humble. Applies to guys too.

• Usually the looks and financial status.

• i dont think anyones out of my league

• I don't know... maybe the way that person carries herself. Looks do play a part in that too, it's ridiculous to put people in a pedestal and make them be some great thing that in reality there as normal as I am.

• Pretty much just looks. I'm smart, successful, and have a decent personality, so I don't think anyone is too good for me outside of looks.

• Looks, her being WAY more social than me and having more friends

her personality mostly.

• Wealth, job, status, income, popularity to some extent

• Nothing, no such thing.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 12

• Just be attractive and I'll believe you're out of my league. Or attractive AND have a great personality.

• Nothing makes somebody "out of my league."

• I don't know if they are prettier than you!

• Mostly with intelligence and how they look.

You can still go for them but try to think realistic on the chances of them saying yes. Never straight up ask them but just slowly ease your way in to get a better feel for if you do.

• Their minds thinking differently.. the amount of insecurity and lack of awareness around them is staggeringly offputting. Everything is about them.

• actually it s not looks haha
    it s how smart and cultivated the person is
    successful
    powerful and charismatic
    rich
    experience

• They breathe.

• If they're better than me in one way.

• There is no such thing as league for me...

• No one is out of my league... Because leagues don't exist.

• I think it's a mindset that holds you back

• if he has a penis