Is it possible to have an online relationship with someone you never met?

PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• If you guys talk often about meaningful things, you get to know each other on a deep level, you video chat, and you have plans to meet, then yes. .

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• In my experience you do not really know if you are going to really like someone until you meet them. I have talked to people forever online and texting and then when we meet they don't really hold themselves the way I thought or show a lack of confidence or something and I end up not being into them. So, although I know a lot of people start dating that way and it turns out great, I have learned that until I meet them in person, I do not know yet. But, I guess to answer your question, yes, it is possible but not for me.

• Totally agreed. I have been talking to bunch of people online,. texting everyday even video chatted. But once I met them in person they are just not the person I thought they are, as you said some are lack of confidence some are just faking in the online world and some just didn't click.

• It's possible for some people, but not me.
    You don't know if that person is being honest with you, if they are single and even if they are really who they say they are.
    Plus, being a relationship like that it's hard, since you can't really see this person, or touch them or do what other couples do.

• Yes - IF you intend on trying to meet in the near future.

• It's possible, but I wouldn't try it.

• Possible yes, smart no, delusional yes, good ending probably not

• I actually think many LDRs are like that, no?

• usually they know each other in person first

• I know my mom did it with my step dad... It's just a waste of time to me :p and doesn't work out for many people

• @Zendrya yeah, LDR didn't even work out for me although I had met her in person before :P

• Yes and no. As long they remain an online relationship is ok. If you meet them they might totally different in person and i mean in personality.

Has happened to me.

• I met my boyfriend on a video game, so yes! We are planning to meet sometime in the summer!

• I don't think so because it's not real. It's a relationship with whoever they want you to think they are.

What Guys Said 10

• If you intent to make it something in real life. I think for a relationship like that to work you'd have to be both pretty ugly or weird to the point where nobody else wants you otherwise temptation would make one the partners cheat. I mean can you fall in love with someone emotionally that you've never met in person? Maybe,, ? Most likely not though.

• Everything is possible but it's way too risky and I doubt it that it would normally work.

• I suppose you could be friends/pen pals or whatever you want to call it... Maybe cam/girl guy free porn to them... I wouldn't consider it a relationship though.

• Yes I believe so

• Define "relationship"

• Yes but I wouldn't do it

• I suppose. I have liked someone here in gag before.

• I wouldn't have an online relationship with any of y'all

• Possible- yes
    Lasting-no

• I think it is possible, and I'm in one right now. Is it smart? Not really. I'm completely taken with this girl though, and we talk all the time. She lives 2,000 miles away from me. She's the first girl I've ever talked to on the phone. I hope that someday I can meet her in person, and we can be together. It's worked for other people, so why not me and her?