Why is my boyfriend more attentive when I'm out with my friends or on vacation?

My boyfriend is not an overly affectionate or demonstrative guy, but as soon as he knows I'm going out with friends or going away for a few days, he's calling and texting me like crazy! I wish he was more like this on a normal basis lol. Should I take this as a sign that he cares or that he's a possessive control freak? He's very sweet, not an abusive guy in general, just a bit aloof. Guarded and a bit introverted.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know the guy but my first impression is that he wants you to think about him when you are gone or with your friends so you miss him and want to be more serious with him. Take it to the next level or just get more of you and to make him a bigger part of your life. I don't know that's what I think is going on

• Whats the best way to get a guy to open up and talk about his feelings without him running for the hills? Lol. What is the best approach?

• Personally I think just being vulnerable yourself but that's what everyone fears including myself. The only reason I say that is because if u were to tell me your true feelings I would be more comfortable telling u how I feel. It takes bravery so good luck and hope it all turns out good! 😎

• Thank you!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• His guarded characteristic is coming into play here I think. He's trying to prevent himself from getting hurt by making sure you know he's paying attention to you and keeping an eye on you. If it bothers you, tell him

• It doesn't bother me so much, it's more that I wish he cared more when I'm with him. He obviously has some intimacy issues and I can deal with that because he is a really good guy, but I need to get him to open up and communicate more. Not sure how because I don't want to pressure him

• Depending on how far along y'all are I'm your relationship and how comfortable you are with each other, you could just tell him that you're needing him to text a little more each day and what nothing

• He probably misses you

• Because you gave him time to miss you and absence makes the heart grow fonder

• Yes but is it just more possessiveness than true affection? He's so hard to read!