How do I tell a guy I've been waiting almost a year to see, ''i can't see you''?

so basically there's this guy i really like and im dying to finally meet him, we met about a year ago on a dating website we talked for a few months then things went rough between me and him so we stopped contacting each other. Two months ago however we started talking again, i was going through depression then and just talking to him made me feel 100 times better that even my therapist was happy with my progress but advised me to be careful not to break again. Today he asked if we could meet by the end of this month and i was so excited i immediately said yes however i can't afford to travel to see him nor he can he come and see me cuz i'm in Syria and it's not as safe what can i do? shall i tell him the truth or what please help

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to tell him. How are things in Syria? Would you leave if you could?

• things are ok im in Damascus so it's way better than the other cities but still i would leave if i could

• we sure do but still it's great people from all over the planet come here i enjoy it!

• so you still have lots of tourism... that is surprising...

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, well if you can't see each other he's going to figure it out sooner or later so yes you should tell him sooner that it just isn't going to work to meet currently. Tell him you were excited when he asked but you've realised you can't afford it, and try to offer an alternative (that shows you actually do want to meet). Being honest is best.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell the truth

• like this> i can't see u

What Girls Said 6

• Why'd you post the question again? You literally wrote the same thing and didn't respond to any of the answers you got.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2016598-should-i-tell-him-i-can-t-see-him

• i needed more opinions i just got one really helpful one on the other link

• Yes you should tell him the truth. I'm sure he'll understand due your circumstances which is beyond your control

He'll obviously be disappointed that you never told him sooner and may even decide to stop pursuing you, because he is so eager to meet you. It may be a dealbreake for him knowing he has no way of meeting up with you.

Regardless, he deserves the truth. It's unkind to lie to him when he is so interested in you and genuinely wants to see you.

Its very sad and unfortunate , because you both like each other a lot but have no control over the situation. So It's impossible to meet up at this moment in time. He needs to know that

• I would tell him

• You should tell him the truth, relationships shouldn't have secrets and he will understand why you can see him at this point!

• you're going to need to tell him. the sooner the better i would say..

• Just be honest and tell her that even though you're dying to go you can't afford it

• even after i already said i could go wouldn't he think im asking him to pay for me to see him? and i don't want him thinking im after him for his money

• thank you so much that was really helpful

• No problem, I'm glad it helped :)