Would you date someone who still lives with their parents?

😄 Would you date someone who still lives with their parents?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's for a legitimate reason;l, yes. If it's because of laziness, then no.

Most Helpful Girl

• I live with my mom. She's going through a separation and she was a home maker so things are tight. I'm contributing. Meal support as well. I'm not going to judge a person for living with a parent. I think it's so peculiar. Family is SO important but only till 18. That's trying to destroy it in a sense, I think. Putting a time limit.

Of course if you have re s so s to move out. But it's time space cost efficient so I don't see the nosing upwards =)

Anyhow if I like a person I like them. Have g good relations with family isn't going to turn me away... with all the ugliness in the world this is not a deal breaker. No way.

What Guys Said 56

• Probably. With more than 30% of millennials still living with their parents after graduation with a job, not dating because of where they live can shrink your dating pool to non-existent.

Also, it save them about 1-2k a month. A significant amount.

• Interesting and surprising statistic. I was surprised when I read this was for millennials that graduate even with jobs. Good to know considering this will probably be my case lol hope this is a true statistic 😄

• It's not a big deal, why do people care so much, life doesn't happen the way people think it should, the problems we have with moving out are all on society, not always the individual. I need more than my own two hands to count howany times I've heard people say that they can't find work after going to school, so many people having to adjust their lives or taking another risk, going out on a limb just to survive, and what do we get from it? > Shit in from every corner of society, from people close to us, from others that don't know us, from television and social media, and from societal expectations. Fuck all these expectations and let people live their lives, there's no harm in living with parents, there's no harm in relying on others because you haven't found your break yet.

• I lived at home until I got married. With the exception of the time I was in the military. I, unfortunately, got into debt on credit cards bigtime when I was young. I was able to keep my credit perfect but at a serious cost. I was never able to get out from under it and it took me a long time to pay it off. I could not afford to live on my own.

• As a New Yorker yes. This is one of the most expensive places to live alone. when i hear about how much cheaper things are in other states i seriously be like WTF?

Car insurance/ Price of living and etc

• Yes I would (like every other guy who voted on this poll before I did).

Times are tough, jobs that pay enough for an adult to live on their own without a bunch of Craigslist roommates are in short supply.

Therefore I am a realist.

• yeah sure

• Nope. Not at my age.

• Yes. A lot of people still do. These days, it takes some people a while to land a job where they can completely support themselves on their own.

• It's not uncommon for a girl my age or younger to still be living with her parents, so yeah. I think once they're over the college age, I would like for her to have her own place.

• I've heard many girls say no to this question, while living with their parents...
    schmucks.

• Hell yeah, I would.

I mean, I still do, since this economy sucks. But it's not like I'm not doing anything. I work, attend graduate school, and teach myself programming. And if I have time, I'm thinking of learning guitar.

I'm not that stereotypical mooch who does nothing but play video games or smoke weed.

• Yes, I don't see the issue with it. A lot of big cities in the US are ridiculously expensive now. Why not save money living with parents until the relationship gets serious then find a place together?
    I also must add that if she's working I do hope that she contributes towards some expenses.

• I currently am. We are working on getting a place of our own together (I have one but it's not big enough for two people)

• Since at the moment I'm like that myself, yes.

• That isn't ideal, but not a deal breaker fs

• I still live with mine, It's the only way I can save for my own place.

Would be wrong of me for it to matter on someone else.

• Yes.

• Yes. After all, I am too. It does not mean I am lazy or lack ambition--I'm in college and I work--but it is difficult living on your own in the Bay Area, plus I am very attached and cannot see myself moving out until I get married.

• Yes, especially if she has a good reason and still has plans for a future in some way, shape or form.

• It depends on the reason she lives with her parents and if I date her just for fun or for a long relationship. I would date, but I would never marry a woman who lives with her parents to avoid being a housewife. I wouldn't do every home task for her. For example, I love cooking, but I hate cleaning, so I wouldn't marry a woman who lives with her parents because she is waiting to find a husband who cooks and cleans for her.

• Probably not.

• Unless she was 30, yes. By that age she should be independent enough to get a roomate and move out. I don't need her sleeping over my place every night feminizing my bathroom.

• Be a bit funny meeting a woman around my age staying with her mum n dad but it happens i s'pose. If i liked her she'd be moving house quickly

• Living with your parents is cost efficient.

• I don't see why not

• depends on whether or not they have a decent paying job. whether they're motivated in life. if they're independent. if they have a car (this way they're not depending on me to get everywhere)

• Yeah probably

• sure, why not

• I still live with my mom because I don't want to live by myself, it would really crush me mentally to be in an empty apartment all the time. As for having male roommates I really don't get along with guys.

• Depends on how old she was, or other factors

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 38

• Hmm Maybe however i'm in my early twenties, I know its normal for people around my age to still live with their parents, but the age is getting older and older, my boyfriend is in his 30's so- if he still lived with his parents I wouldn't lik it.

• It really depends on your age and your place in life. I am a working professional and want to date someone in the same place. If I were still in college it would be a different situation.

• I would ♡ It doesn't matter to me, as long as he has something going for him, i. e. college, work. It's kinda cute to me, plus I live with family.

• Sure. What I care about are his personality, his body, his looks, his drive, and how he treats me. Where he lives is of only minor importance to me. Now, I'm not attracted to fat losers who spend all day playing video games in mom's spare room, but if the guy has something going for him, I'm fine with that.

• Yes, unless they're jobless and play video games all day. It isn't easy to live on your own because it's so expensive. But if they're not actively saving, going to college or doing something to change this, they're not going to.

• I would marry someone who lives with his parents assuming they are welcoming and kind.

It's really amazing when the son stays with his family and takes care of them/ provides for them, especially when they are old.

• Yes haha! I live with my parents!

• sure i would

• Yes, but I don't like mama's boys. They just wanna take their mamy with them everywhere and it's really awkward sometimes.

Worst. 3some. EVER.

• Depends on why they are there. I know plenty of guys that stay home to care for their parents or help their parents pay bills or something, which I find commendable. But if you're someone making minimum wage and you just don't feel like growing up, then, no, I would not.

• At my age, definitely not. In my early twenties, sure... assuming it's because he is still in school or recently graduated.

• No, I wouldn't.

I'd rather date someone who lives alone so that we could share private moments.

I've been also living on my own since I was 18 and I'm 22 now.

So, most probably not.

• It seriously depends on their age among other factors.

• Yes if they have a job, in school and are saving to move out.

• Yes, I would. I see no problem.
    Plus, I still live with my mother, so I would be an hypocrite if I rejected someone because they live with their parents.

• date no, but have sex yes

• Yes, I would.

• yes, usually when a guy/girl is married, then they will be move out from their parents house. so, it's common some are still living with parents, it's save a lot if your office is just nearby. unless they're still unemployed

• Dude I still live with my parents. I'm a student. Ain't nobody got time for that noise. Moving out and shit. Can't hardly afford to buy my own toilet paper.

• At my age of course. Now if I was a little older like mid 20's then I would find it a little weird for a man to still live with his parents

• it would definitely depend on where they are in life. Its okay for people my age and people in school, but when you get to the upper 20's, i think its a red flag

• Yes just has long as he doesn't intend to live with his parents the rest of his life and doesn't get a job.

• If there was a good reason, then yes. I'm living with my mom because I'm still in school and I think that dorm life would be a distraction.

• To be honest, it's very normal where I'm from to still live with parents at a certain age so yes I will.

• Yea, you never know why someone is living with their parents.

• I would have no problem dating someone who still lived with their parents

• (still. laughing)

• Yes and where I'm from all the guys lives with their parents even after marriage lol

• I would. I see no problem with it.

• Like, depends on their age, situation, etc. Probably yes though

• More from Girls
    8