Was I right to leave a date without saying anything?

I went on a date the other day and the girl was glued to her phone. she was still talking to me, but i can count on one hand the amount of times we made eye contact.

honestly, i was only there for like 10-20 mins and she was on her phone checking facebook the whole time. she was still talking to me though and asking questions etc.

I can't be doing with that shit, but i kind of feel bad for just leaving. do you think it was justified?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• Man, it's funny as hell that you left. You did what most of us wish we had the balls to do. 😁

Most Helpful Guy

• no. for two reasons
    1. she was being rude but i don't think you should resort to rude tactics as a combat
    2. i would've loved to see and hear what she said if you had been like, "well since it looks like you are on a date with your phone I'll give you two some privacy" then stand up and walk out

What Girls Said 9

• You're completely right for doing so. It really ticks me off when people stare at their phones. If someone did that to me, I would be rude back and say something to them before leaving. People only get my respect if they've earned it, and that's a very easy thing to do. It's called "getting off your damn phone."

• Yes. I might be alone in this, but I find it incredibly rude to check your phone (unless to answer a call or important text) while with company. I mean, you could have made up an excuse to leave, but your frustration is completely understandable.

• Her behaviour was rude af so you behaving equally rude wasn't even inappropriate. It wasn't the perfectly right thing to do obviously but she deserved it and let's hope it was a lesson to her.

• Absolutely justified. She was being rude. I mean it's a first date, her attention should be on you. If she wants to be on her phone why not just text? A waste of time, I would have left too.

• that makes me feel better. I like to think im not a rude person, but i doubt she noticed haha

• Right it was probably half an hour before she even noticed. Maybe it'll be a good lesson for her. If not then whatever but you deserve more than that. She wasn't even giving you a shot. Ridiculous.

• She was being rude, though, it's possible she didn't think it was rude. Did you say anything to her about her being glued to her phone?

• ya u were, she must've not been interested or must have had no social skills whatsoever.

• It wasn't your fault. She was being rude. One of the most important rules about having a convo is making eye contact

• No she deserved it.

• Yes it was justified, maybe shell learn from it (doubtful though)...

What Guys Said 12

• Forget about her, she's much more obsessed and interested about her phone's contents and facebook so move on to somebody else.

"This is the world now. Logged on, plugged in, all the time." If you know where this quote comes from, well you get what I mean. Technology is taking control of our daily lives more than ever and is I do think that it is on whether that really is a good thing for everyone and everything.

• I don't blame you for being pissed, 'cause that was really, really rude and discourteous of her to be glued to her fucking phone while she was on a date with you. I would have just said: "I'm taking you home. You'll be free to play with your phone without any distractions." And then just drive her ass home.

• You did the right thing. Enjoy this (if you haven't seen it before), watch how this guy reacted to a girl glued to her phone.

www.theladbible.com/.../lad-goes-on-boring-first-date-ruins-any-chances-of-a-second-thanks-to-his-mates

• Absolutely justified omg, you let her off easy

• Yeah, you were justified, there's no excuse for it tbh. The ONLY reason you'd be on your phone is if you have zero interest in the person opposite you - which is your right, as it is my right to get up and leave if i feel like it.

• Depends... If she was being shy (and if you could reasonably have known that) it was kind of a dick move on your part, otherwise, no, not so much.

• nah, she wasn't that shy. no more than a usual first date any way.

if it was a nervous "im checking my phone" sort of thing id have known about it. she was blatantly just addicted to her phone.

• Then don't feel bad about it, but you could have told her before you left so she can learn from it for a future date.

• Well, that was rude of her. Still, you could of at least told her you were leaving and why you were leaving, so that she may not be so rude next time. Perhaps she was oblivious to being rude.

• No have u ever accrued to u she might be shy i mean who check fb these days u should've told her thats bother u first

• Well you should have brought up your concerns first and then left if she gave you a smart mouth about it.

• She has all day to text anyway, couldn't she save those 30 minutes or so on you? Yeah tottally justified

• You obviously were a meal for her. You got suckered.

• i wasn't there that long and we hadn't even given our order lol. she did get a free drink out of me though

• I guess it wasn't that bad then. You did the right thing.

• If my long term girlfriend is on her phone, it's forgivable but still annoying. If you are on a FIRST date, the phone should not be used at ALL unless maybe when the other person is in the bathroom. She got no manners