Girls, what do you think of men who are only attracted to fit women?

I'm really only attracted to thin and or fit women and that doesn't cover very much of the population anymore, so i'm curious to hear from thin and fit women do you see yourself as special in a way, does it get to your head and what kinds of men would you date?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• "doesn't cover very much of the population anymore"... in the USA.

In the US unfortunately, there really is a fat epidemic and instead of doing something against it, now there is fat acceptance everywhere... I mean obesity acceptance, not a few pounds too many, but plain morbid obesity. I just can't understand it and I'm sorry, I cannot accept it as "to each his own". Call me a fat shamer, sure, what the hell.
    Unless there is a Thyroid issue (or any other medical condition of the sorts) making you blow up, there is absolutely no reason why anyone should be obese. None. There is no Fat gene. Yes, some people are more prone to putting on weight than others, their metabolism works differently, but again, a manageable thing.
    I'm not saying I'm perfectly thin or fit or anything. I am in the process of loosing 20 pounds myself, but that isn't that much weight and is absolutely do-able.

So getting back to your question: I would not date someone who is extremely overweight. He doesn't have to be a model or have 2% body fat only, he just needs to be a healthy weight and active. (of course I'm not mentioning anything in regards to character and personality, which is the deciding factor in the end)

What Girls Said 29

• ... there's nothing wrong with that?
    I mean, call it superficial as much as you want. But you're insane if you're going to deny that dating as a whole is generally quite superficial. I'm sure 99% of the population would prefer to date someone who resembles a supermodel than someone with not so ideal features. I wonder how many of these women would pass up a guy with a 6-pack, pecs to die for, etc., and prefer to be with a guy who's got a generous beer belly instead.

• As a thin person myself, I don't see myself as a special snowflake. Everyone has their own preferences.

• I think it's fine because everyone has their preference, however I would be confused if a very out of shape man would prefer this because it kind of would be hypocritical.

• I think it makes sense. Healthy is beautiful.

• I agree. I've gotten to a point where I can't even eat unhealthy food without feeling like crap. And seeing the eating habits of others can disgust me. for me, skinny isn't what gets me, a skinny girl will fall within my standards but a fit girl, they melt my heart like no other sometimes.

• No problem, good luck with everything.

• not a problem, but I consider he need to be fit too. if not, he's just shallow in my opinion.

• I think young guys are mostly superficial like that which is just a sign of immaturity and lack of experience. Young ladies get a bad rap for being attracted to money too but we just like to have fun and feel secure... guys with money accomplish those things easily. We're all victims of our DNA and millions of years of evolution. I think fit guys are the prettiest but not always the sexiest. Ignorance is a super turn off so I'd take a slightly portly smart and handsome man over a fit idiot all day long. Fortunately for everyone, beauty is subjective.

• Do you feel that fitness really is superficial given it is a reflection of personality and often times self respect?

• Fitness by itself is not superficial because there are significant benefits to being fit. I'm fit myself. Humans make things superficial by their actions and motives. A big house is not superficial if it serves a legit purpose. A big redneck truck with mud tires is not superficial if the guy needs it for his job or it serves his recreational needs. People focusing on a fit girl or a fit guy at the expense of neglecting potential other great matches are being superficial at the detriment of their own happiness by their unwillingness to be open to someone who could be perfect for them in every other way. No one will ever be a perfect match. We all must be willing to accept the flaws of others recognizing that we too have flaws. If the big items are there, take a second look and see what happens. I'm fit because I want to be healthy and because I'm slightly superficial about my own looks. I try to be pretty so I stay in shape so I can wear great clothes.

• Well, thin and fit aren't the same thing. Fit women can be curvy (I mean curvy, not fat, which are used interchangeably but are not the same). Either way, I think everyone has their preferences. Nothing wrong with that. I like muscular guys (natural muscle from work, not gym muscle, and yes there's a difference), so there you go.

• meh, i think it's unrealistic, but understandable at first. i think that especially if a man wants a child, he's gonna have to be open minded of the fact that his girl is gonna gain weight for some time. that's life.

• I think it sucks because I'm not fit but thankfully you're not the only man on this planet. So as long as you aren't putting any non fit nor men who like non fit women down, do you!

• Everyone has their preferences and that's it, end of story. I'm average build and im more open minded, I've been attracted to skinny, athletic and chubby men. Some of which also find me attractive..

• if ur fit also, then no problem. i date well dressed, broad, muscular guys with nice arms and great personalities :D

• would you consider yourself well dressed, slim, athletic with a nice waist and a great personality? I'm half messing with you by the way

• lmfao ya i do, i'd be a hypocrite if i expected all tht with nothing in return

• true, but it's crazy how many women have double standards but we want to "empower" them so nobody calls them out.
      I'm glad you are so cute then :)

• I think that people can be attracted to whoever they want.

• Nothing wrong with that. Everyone had their personal preferences.
    I'm really only attracted to slim/thin and/or fit guys too.

• Oh and he has to be tall too... Like 5'10"and up.

• Cool, I'm getting ready for law school. However I've already won litigating against the government representing myself so it should be manageable

• That's great. All the best!

• I'd hope that he is also fit himself or else he may have some trouble in the realm of dating.

• Fit as in Not obese... fine
    fit as in.. manly atheletic females who can pass as men? nope!
    curvy is the ideal body figure for women
    www.facebook.com/.../?fref=ts

• i disagree about the curvy thing, and if you're saying athletic females are manly, you're shaming women for taking care of themselves

• As long as he is in decent shape as well, then you do you :) but I've known a few guys who were in terrible sha

• I luuuurve that they also have the same discerning taste and appreciation as me :)

• We don't care.

• Everyone has preferences, nothing wrong with it.

• You know you're opinion lets everyone know you really are. So stop fishing out for compliments just because you're a fit girl.

• Everybody has a preference, but I'm afraid you are severely limiting yourself.

• well considering I can't have sex with a girl who's not in shape, it's not a choice.
      Focusing on health is also something that I prioritize for a partner. As we grow old together, I'd prefer she doesn't become diabetic or have heart disease or another preventative condition due to poor choices, especially considering we would be parents and both influential towards and responsible for children.

• Id want to date a healthy man.

• I think he should grow the shit up

• I don't see a problem, I am attracted to only fit men too

• It's personal preference. Everyone is entitled to a type.
    However, someone's outer appearance/ health doesn't make them any more "special" than anyone else.

I like being in shape, but I'm actually pretty envious of people who are confident and don't care either way.
    Those kind of people are very often the most fun kind of people.

• U. S. society has trained many women to think that all hot guys want someone thin and fit, so I often feel like those guys might not want me even if that's maybe not the case at all. It's frustrating, especially because like you I am only attracted to a fairly small number of very attractive people.
    For instance, this really attractive guy was a rock climber and his past gfs were tiny and fit and even though I'm pretty sure he really liked me and wanted to be with me, God willing, i often felt self-conscious that I didn't look like they did.

• You are what you are

• I am pretty fit and have a small frame, but I'm not fit for the purpose of being fit... has more to do with my hobbies (running, kayaking, climbing, hiking, obstacle courses, etc.) and lifestyle (eating habits and how i deal with stress - exercise & pacing, yoga). I wouldn't date a guy if I felt he only dated fit woman though. I don't think there's anything wrong with having the preference though... just doesn't line up with my own.

I date guys with a certain calm, sense of wonder and open mindness. To each their own...

• I've met women who aren't very fit but not really overweight or anything however there's no sexual attraction. Trying it anyways in the past resulted in embarrassment for both of us and she was very angry when I told her that I wasn't sexually attracted to her.

• I'm pretty set on southern Italy, specifically Sicily to go shopping lol
      Thank you for your advice

• I wish you luck where ever it is you go!

• I think most people are more attracted to fairly fit partners, but unless you've got a good build yourself, it's a lot to expect.