How can I comfort my girlfriend when she cries?

My girlfriend was getting ready for bed I called her sweetie she cried she told me no guy has ever called her that. I put my arms around her and she cried. She's starting her period she getting a little headache. How can I comfort her? What should I say to her?

Most Helpful Girl

• She sounds a little whiny. She started crying because you called her sweetie? Geez. Sorry, that is a bit much and a little overdramatic. But I am guessing we are just different people and that is me, I am just not so sappy, I just take Advil and deal with my headaches.

• She's on her period. I once cried on my period because there was no toiletpaper anymore. Some people just get upset over the tiniest things when it's the time of the month.

• @spuitkaas Yeah, I get my period too and I get very irritable and emotional. But I stay away from people because I realize this or I recognize what is going on and get myself back together quickly.

• Same but sometimes people who are really close like your boyfriend get a taste of it. Sometimes it's inevitable.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there is anything to be done here

What Girls Said 4

• Just do exactly what you're doing, she's a little hormonal at the moment, so just ask her what you can do, if nothing just be by her side.

• Sometimes saying nothing and holding her is the best. If you just listen to her.

• Omg its normal. Its pms and its okay. Just hug her and cuddle her and buy her icecream and grab her a tylonal and tell her everything will be olay

What Guys Said 1

• There's no magic words. It's not your job to make her stop crying. It's your job to be comforting. Probably best to just be quiet and hold her.