Guys, Are non-fit guys intimidated by fit girls?

Would you still ask a fit girl out or not because you think that she's out of your league?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, being unfit will affect a persons confidence. The more unfit they are, the more easily intimidated they are likely to become. The problem is in our society guys aren't allowed to admit to being intimidated without being shamed. So a lot of them will tell you they aren't even if they clearly are. In fact one of the biggest fears guys seem to have, is admitting they are afraid.

In fact women often will accuse any guy that doesn't approach her as proof of him being intimidated as a way to shame the man, and remove responsibility from herself. As a result the word intimidated is most often used as an insult toward men other than what it actually means.

I actually agree with the way you are using the word intimidated, but that isn't always the case when women use the word intimidated. This does however mean that when you use the word intimidated that guys are more likely to automatically claim they aren't, because that is a word so often used to shame guys.

What Guys Said 27

• it depends if the guy has nothing to offer.

just because he isn't fit like she is doesn't mean he will be intimidated by her.

you think the unfit guy pulling up in a lambo in a business suit will be scared by a fit girl? ;)

• I'm in good shape, but I've seen girls in better shape. I would, but it is more about how she carries herself than what she looks like. If she behaves intimidating I probably would not.

• Ya they are intimidated and then blame it on being poor me a nice guy when @fearless_banana gets the girl

• Well if she's stronger than me Id probably be turned off but generally Im not intimidated by a girl. I am intimidated by the guys who she attracts. So if she attracts a bunch of tall muscular guys that would be what intimidates me.

• Not sure why a guy would be intimidated by any girl... she is just a girl!! She is not going to bite, unless you get to that base, and that is what she is into!!

• Nope, it's a silly thing to be intimidated by looks alone.

A) I care more about the face
    B) Being out of my league would just make me try harder tbh

• "silly thing to be intimidated by looks alone"
      "I care more about the face"

*facepalm*

• I've used "looks" as an overall term here but if you want to change the word to "body" that's perfectly fine too.

And if you know what intimidation means, then you'll know it has no relevance to liking someone's "looks (body/face)". Just because you like something, doesn't mean you are scared of it.

• Meaning physically fit? I wouldn't be intimidated, I'd be inspired to improve my own fitness so I could keep up with her.

• Yup some are, it really depends on what you think of yourself though. Fit girls are a bonus to who they, not something i personally would deem scary enough not to ask out.

• Insecurity is a 2-way street.

Yes, I'd be intimidated.

• There was a time when I wasn't so fit (okay, I was fat), and yes, I definitely thought that fit, hardbodied girls were out of my league. My base assumption was that a fit girl who spent time perfecting her body would want a guy who did the same.

• No reason to be intimidated by another human being. They're flesh and bone just like me. I'll ask her out, if she declines, then oh well, it's not the end of the world.

• No i wouldn't even though I'm quite fit.

• Yeah I would ask a fit girl out. I wouldn't consider myself fit, but I wouldn't see a problem.

• Yea, that's why dadbod fans OP. Duh

• No. it's that when I'm in the gym and I see all this countless attractive fit women I feel they are out of my league or not interested because I'm not as fit as they are..

• Nope

• maybe, but i think mostly unfit guys aren't scared of fit girls

• Probably.
    I never had that problem with that.
    I'm very fit even though I don't look it.

• i think i would be the intimidating one.

• I'd admit a little bit with a caveat. Many fit women also have strong personalities. I dated a super fit girl but she was so feminine around me that I didn't see her as some fit confident person.

• I have before, succeed a few times too

• Because you have no interest in them in the first place and are just playing a game.

• Nobody is out of my league. I would ask Taylor Swift for a date.

• I think every non-fit person can get intimidated by a fit person... Expet (fit guy and normal girl)

• I do cause they tend to stay around other really "fit" guys. If they're fit but not extremely fit though, then they're not intimidating. To be honest it depends on their personality more than anything, and what you define as fit. Is she running fit, lifting fit, or squating fit? Usually I'm more intimidated by girls that squat a lot and have really nice butts since they're easy for a really fit guy to get generally. But if it's more moderate then I'm not.

• No but depending on the level of "fit"... muscular women are simply gross but women don't want to admit that so they like to say we are just "intimidated".

• I saw a fat ass ask for this knockouts phone number outside of my gym as she was leaving. She turned him down dirty but I had to hand it to him. He didn't show that he was intimidated.