What Are Some Dumb Reasons A Guy/Girl Has Rejected You?

Curious because I had a guy approach me and he said, "What up short lady?" I told him I wasn't interested and when he asked why, I told him I didn't think his approach was very respectful. He told me I was stuck up and that was the reason I was single and then left. There were other reasons, too, like his tattoos on his face and his sagging pants, but I didn't really get a chance to tell him that. I didn't think that was a stupid reason to reject someone but apparently it is.

What are dumb reasons that you've been rejected or why others have been rejected that you know of?

Most Helpful Guy

• - Because I didn't drive at the time, she lived a bus ride away and drove herself
    - Because I drove a van, not a car
    - Because I rode a motorcycle, not a car
    - Because I'm 5'3", she was below 5' easily, only dated guys who were around 6'
    - Because I was "too nice"
    - Because I was "too sensible" (she then got pregnant with 3 different scumbags who have nothing to do with any of their kids)
    - Because I was too good looking

• lol too sensible...
      She actually gave that as the reason?

• I think it's completely stupid that women won't date a guy under 6 feet. Most men are between 5'8-5'11 so that's just unreasonable.

• @Bandit74

Those were her exact words "you're just too sensible lol". Oh and I forgot to add the one who said that I was too nice because she likes "bastards who tell her what to do". I attract all the crazies.

@QA

I'm not one of those guys who gets jealous over height because there are plenty of girls who don't care so it doesn't bother me, just the fact that she was so tiny yet wanted such a tall guy seemed a bit silly.

Most Helpful Girl

• I still don't know the reason why the last guy I was into rejected me lol. He said he doesn't do LDRs. Then he said he wasn't ready for a girlfriend but was involved with someone right after that. Then he brought up me being cheated on before. My head spins trying to keep up with all of the bullshit!

• Wow. Who you been dating? Stuff like this make me feel better about being single.

• Sounds like he wanted you to go away but didn't know how to get the message across when all he had to do was just say he wasn't interested. He sounds like a jerk.

• Yeah that's what I thought too, but whenever I tried to leave him alone he'd always come back. But you're spot on about the jerk thing. He's definitely one of those.

What Guys Said 13

• Mine was usually friend zoned... usually because they are more interested in my friends. The solution was simple..."get new friends".
    My friend was rejected because of his hair and another one told me that he was rejected because he wasn't the one driving the car that brought them all to the bar...
    there are tons of reasons... y'all crazy.
    (i don't agree with the fact that he opened up with "short lady" though, he kind of set himself up for that one. )

• his approach was rude... if he treats you like that in the first second... then what about the rest. If he had handled the pushback better, maybe he'd have gotten somewhere.

I didn't have a job or make enough money. Dumb because I wasn't poor and could have benefited her in other ways...

Too short - ok, maybe that was legit, I was 6" shorter.

• Some people are just tol dang on sensitive. And thats saying a lot because I too ma a sensitive person but I dont see any insult or rudness in some one calling me, "short girl" or "small little thing"

• @Grungenoreos It was the fact that that was the first thing he said to me and it turned me off. You probably aren't old enough to understand, but that's not how a grown man should approach a woman he wants to get to know. It's a bit douche baggy and not becoming of a man at all.

• I am old enough to understand? Excuse me but I am far from what anyone would call a typical teenage girl. I am going to be 18 in a couple months and I have always been considered mature for my age. In fact thats partly the reason I didn't date in high school. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just find way more things important and there are too many guys that lack the stability and maturity I desire to be on my level. Plus I never fell in love before.

• i didn't wanna have sex with her

i got flamed for that pretty hard

• Well this girl I approached here all nice and stuff we got to dancing, I asked her for her number she eventually gave it to me but she kept saying I looked like I had a girlfriend and she didn't believe me when I said no, so now she ignores me, and me I don't even have a single friend that is a girl, well I guess she missed out

• I've never asked anyone out so I've never been rejected 😏

• I looked like her ex
    Lol
    I can't help that?
    Awfukbye

• Cuz I look like a player. Didn't know one could dress that way

• I wasn't interested in having sex off the bat.

• She couldn't explain. She just said "I don't feel that way for you" no other reason than that.

• Woh you are SHORT tempered..

• No one really gave me any reason for rejecting me. =/

• Yeah the problem is guys do that instead of just normally saying hi and following up with something clever or witty they say "ma what's gewwd?" 😂

I always start with hello or hi works wonders 😉

• Yeah, but he said that was a dumb reason for me to reject him, which I didn't think it was. That's not how I feel I should be approached and I didn't think it was respectful, so I'm not understanding why he reacted the way he did.

• Hi skyscraper it's hilarious to me lol maybe a girl that's a friend can say that to me. That's a good one

• I mean, seriously lol, friends can call me short lady, but you? I don't know you. Go somewhere.

• I was dating with someone, then she dump because her friend told her we were not meant for each other...

What Girls Said 13

• 'You're not girlfriend material', 'you're the girl bad guys want', 'you're weird/kooky/eccentric', 'you're just a fuck', 'you're not someone I could take home to my mother', 'you're a difficult person to love'. The list goes on. Dunno about how dumb they are but they're probably right.

• Those aren't dumb, those are just fucking rude. What kind of guys are these?

• I'm on the verge of giving up, too.

• I'm sorry :( I hope things look up for you, I'm sure you'll find mr right :)

• not rejected, but a guy stopped dating me for a stupid reason.
    He said it was because "our relationship was going too great and with the holidays around the corner... we'd become even closer. it would just make it that much more difficult when we had to be apart for 4 months"

aka he lost interest.

• There are no dumb reasons. If you're not interested, you're not interested... don't even need to give a reason.

• Also, that guy was a douchebag.

• @Tdieseler She didn't say there wasn't, she just said there are no dumb reasons.

• @Tdieseler oh course there is.. I didn't say there wasn't. Just that it doesn't matter.

• Because "I'm too good for him". LOL I think that's the dumbest reason ever!

• I've never had a guy reject me for any dumb reasons. But had a guy that really liked me and never acted on it. That's something even more stupid.

• I never ever initiate anything.

ONCE though, when totally drunk and about to lose my licence for 18 months, I suggested a "transaction" with the WRONG police sergeant.

He launched into a ten minute lecture about his wife, his 30 year career, his family and how he didn't care who I was because "YOUR NOT WORTH IT!!!"

Then, he paused for two minutes, got his breath back, smiled and said
    "Why didn't you suggest that BEFORE I put everything on the system"

• haha. thats cold.

• @Grungenoreos
      I found his initial outburst and disgust hilarious afterwards but couldn't even believe it at first and tbh, WAS definitely hurt.

Now though, its just a good story... especially since I no longer drink or do drugs.
      Cheers xo

• Its good that he didn't do anything since he is married and a cop. Too many unfaithful people these days

• I was once rejected by a guy because of my bare feet.

It was a blind date on a very warm summer evening so I went barefoot, wearing a pretty sundress. When he showed up he saw my bare feet & asked me where my shoes were. When I told him I hadn't worn any he replied f*ck that & walked off, leaving me standing there.

• Where did you go that you didn't wear shoes?

• What state do you live in? I met a person who moved to my state to move in with her LDR boyfriend and she liked to do that on a nice summer day in town. Take of her high heels I mean and walk barefoot. She is from Alabama... Me and a couple other people are guessing its a Southern thing

• @Grungenoreos I live in Wisconsin. I have seen that people go barefoot more in the south than around here.

Women here may take off heels & walk barefoot after their feet start hurting, but I don't wear heels so that's not the case with me. In the summertine I don't wear shoes at all.

• Because I look more like Elvira or Morticia Addams and not Barbie. Lol joke was on them though, turns out a lot of people like "freaky" chicks 👍🏻😆

• How is describing you as 'short' disrespectful?

• Because that's not how I like being approached. He called me 'short lady', which, last I checked, is not how you speak to someone you'd like to get to know. Maybe you have a different set of standards, but that's not okay with me. I would've looked past it if he was more put together.

• I haven't been rejected yet.

• I've been rejected on multiple occasions because of my height.

• Are you hella tall or hella short?

• @cchris989 I'm not confused lol, I'm telling you as a woman how they really feel about it. Just because they don't tell YOU doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You seem to be the confused one mate.

• So if all men on this website say that dating a tall girl would not be a deal breaker would that change your opinion?

• Because I wouldn't shave my pubic hair. I deal with a lot of ingrown hairs as it is; I have no desire to compound the issue. Plus, I don't like the way it looks. Broface from the army didn't like that and dumped me. Good fucking riddance.

• I used to be like that, but I didn't have the ingrown hair problem. I kept it trimmed, though, most guys would be okay with something like or if you get it waxed. Some guys don't like it because it comes across as unsanitary.

• I know, but I'm saying, that's not really a dumb reason if someone did it because they don't find it sanitary.

• It's trimmed and washed everyday, how much more sanitary can it be? It's not like he asked. He demanded. Bitch, no. It's not your body. You don't get to decide what is done with it.

• lol you're probably single because there are a lot of little butthurt boys like him running around lol
    just ignore him

and respect is EVERTHING... its not a stupid reason... he just thinks you should faint at th sight of him LOL ! xD

• You gotta come down a little bit... jeebus... its not like your gender didn't set up all this bullshit anyway.

• women get shot, get called whores, get rape threats, or on regular basis get disrespected... etc when they say no to someone even if they were lesbians or married women

let's not talk about where the bs is coming from mmkay?