Guys, Do guys these days still want to be in a long term relationship?

I have quite a lot of guy friends and many of them told me they don't want to be in a long term relationship anymore because it's not that hard to find a girl to have casual sex with, and they can still have fun with as many women as they want. Moreover, do you think the dating scene has changed lately? I think most of guys nowadays can just go through a dating site and meet up with girls without having to put any effort.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Though I agree in part with Anon 45+, I also have to disagree. There are plenty of men who have been around the block who yeah, can secure sex... But having MEANINGFUL and NOURISHING sex is something else entirely. And that only comes (no pun intended) from having real connection with someone. Sex for men is actually opening themselves up to show their feelings. Women do it with verbal sharing and conversation of their feelings. Men do it with physical contact.

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...-trut_b_3781240.html

I can have casual sex, but it's about as fulfilling and nourishing to my soul, my person and my emotional state as Doritos is to hungry person. Yeah it'll stop the hunger, but you won't really get anything out of it.

On the other hand, when I meet someone I REALLY care about, I'll fuck her brains out whenever I can because I want her to know my feelings for her.

What Guys Said 10

• Unfortunately many men deceive themselves into believing this, but by not committing, they do themselves a disservice, and especially if they have sex before marriage, they ruin any hope of a lasting future relationship.

• Yeah thats the end goal for me anyways. My best friend is getting married and my other one is in a long term serious relationship

• Yes. That's all I'd want

• Yes, I want to be and am in a long term relationship.

• Only if it's meant to be
    It's not like you can force this thing to happen

• Nit really lol I don't even wanna be in a relationship, I am nit gonna waste my prime like that lol

• Yes I really want one

• I always wanted to be in a long term relationship. But nowadays girls just wants one night stand or fun. Nobody thinks about the chemistry and love.

• Most like most do

• I've said it before and I will say it again. Men secure a relationship to secure sex, and women secure sex to secure a relationship. With the hookup culture and women having more casual sex, there is no longer a need for a guy to secure a relationship to secure sex.

However, for those women that want more than sex, they will have less options. Most women can find sex easily but securing a LTR will be more difficult.