Is a hug at the end of a first date a good choice? How would you react to this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I got to make out passionately and hug at the same time at teh end of my very ver first date last year and that meant nothing cause I dont see this guy anymore.

What Girls Said 10

• I'd react just fine to a hug. Especially if I wasn't planning on a second date, lol. If I was tho, I would think it very respectful that the guy went for a hug. A kiss on the hand would be lovely as well.

• I don't know, it depends, if I knew him before the date or not.
    But I wouldn't except anything more than that.

• It depends on how well (or bad) the date went.
    If it turns out you have 0 things in common and absolutely different viewpoints on basically everything I'm not sure if a hug would be appropriate..

• If the date went just ok and he wasn't into me, a hug would be alright but I definitely would take that as he's definitely not interested in more from me. If a date goes well I do want a guy to show it.

• Best way to end a first date

• no... KISS HER. :)

• snuggle right in to his arms, take wht u can get am i right? lmfao

• Never be desperate girl, keep us guessing.. ;)

• No, my comment was in reference to you saying "take what u can get, am I right", to which I replied not to be desperate. You can get what you want, so take what you want, not what you "can get.." make sense?

• @Cashew72 ahh good advice

• Yes it's a wonderful choose, I would Love it and I would be so happy if I were hugged.

• That'd be fine

• Yes, a hug is fine. If I already like him, it's great. If I'm not into him, no harm done.

What Guys Said 17

• If the date went well you should give a nice long hug with a peck on the lips. Try watching her body language.

• its funny. i hug at the end of the dates. and in most cases. it leads to the girl wanting more at the end of the next date.

• If it went well you should kiss lightly after first date. I mean, You hug people you barely know and cousins you don't even like.

• I would avoid all contact on the first date. It is just a get to know her/him situation. Any kind of contact could be considered too much and potentially scare off a good person.

• It's okay, physical contact confirms your interest in each other. A kiss means stronger immediate interest.

• I already go and hug for greeting so obviously at the end a hug wouldn't be a big deal either. Physical contact is important and makes people a lot more at ease. Also its a pleasant thing for both.

• Yes
    In fact that might be how most first dates end

• It's a good option, but if you both really enjoyed each other's company, then I'd go for a peck of the lips.

• Kiss her! Kiss her!

• Lol i hug at the beginning of a first Date too xD

• Depends on how the date went out
    If it's dope you should always try to make out with her

• It's the least you should do.

• I'd really like it, but then again I would NOT mind if she started ripping all of my clothes off and dragging me to the nearest comfiest seating or bed either!

• Well I'm not sure my first date ended with a kiss even though we only talked at a football game. But hey I guess hugs are ok.

• Always let the circumstances lead the way..

• If she tried to kiss me at the end of a first date (no matter how well it went), I would be taken aback and think she was being too forward. If she was so quick to kiss me on the first date, how many other guys has she been so easy with?

I'd take a hug as being much more modest and respectful, while at the same time showing she was into me. Especially if she kept messaging me afterwards to confirm she was still interested.

• Okay if nothing sexual.