If Tinder Was intended as a Hook up app, Why are so many girls on there saying "No Fuckboys"?

like this is something i dont get. IIRC the app intended purpose was to find a hookup quick and easy. but as time goes on and i notice it gets more and more popular girls on it now are looking for love and what not and stating stuff like, No Fuckboys or Not here for Sex?

Huh? i asked someone who i met off that app out of curiosity who had a profile like that. Why are you here and not on say EHarmony. or match. if you are looking for love. and she couldnt answer. if you ask me its like looking for a kia in a ford dealership.

so Girls. Why are you on tinder knowing its a NOTORIOUS HOOK UP APP?
Guys. What do you do when you encounter such girl.

Also. i completely understand that in some cases sex and w/e can lead to a relationship. if you give it time. but still. it seems weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was intended for that at first, or maybe the creators never intended it to be for that but that is what it became. But, I think that is changing. A lot of people have started dating through Tinder and now people are using it for both. I am not just looking to hook up but I am not offended when guys on there say they are because I know that was the originality of it. But, yeah, it is being used for both now for one reason or another.

What Girls Said 12

• I met my long term boyfriend of a year on tinder. I never used it as a hook up app. I used it as a quick way to meet people who are close to me. I think it depends on the person and their purpose for being on there. You can't say every person on there is on there for a quick hook up.

• Never thought it was intended for hook ups. I have met a lot of nice guys on tinder, and we basically just hung out together and we still remain our friendship until now. I really wanna know it the app was created for hookups or people just want to use it that way.

• Actually I saw an interview of the Tinder creators. It was infact meant to be a dating site to find love, friendship... etc Not a hookups site it just became that. I mean I would never use tinder to look for love though.

• you have a link to this? i could have sworn i saw that the when it was first made it was done for easy hookups

• I dont but they where on this talk show with rev run and tyrese. I forget what its called.

• I don't know but I once went on there to troll and a guy called me ugly because I had no bikini pics or revealing pics lmao.

• if she says she's not there for sex

then she's not there for sex

• It's also a dating site that caters to college students

• I Didn't know it was intended for hook ups.

• im not on their for hook ups and I've met plenty of guys who are the same.

• No one said tinder is a hookup app. But everyone used it as one.

• I know a lot of people who started dating off of Tinder... I don't know.

• Some banana guy wrote an article about it. Everyone on tinder wants to fuck.

• i dont use that thing

but from what i hear its a dating app not hookup... people just misused it

What Guys Said 12

• They hookup and send nudes to the hottest guys and then put on the innoscent "I dont do hookups" act with all of the other guys.

Basically what they mean is "I won't hookup with YOU". They almost certianly have hooked up with other guys.

• Remember the mytake where a guy posted tinder conversation one with a fake profile of a good looking guy and another with an average guy and messaged the same girls only to see they had different reactions.

i. e. hot guy =Send nude pics, and i want to suck your dick.

Average guy=Excuse/lies as to why they can't go on a date with you, i don't do hook ups.

• @JustheretoChill
      I actually don't remember that mytake. Do you have the link for it?

• i actually want to read this one. this seems like something i would find on the tinder reddit page lmao

• There's a few that post on here saying they're looking for friends on Tinder. I don't know where to start with THAT...

• Everything - apps, or tools, or even words - evolves around convenience. And that sometimes goes beyond or just sideways from the intended use. These girls use tinder for different reasons and there isn't really anything that can be done about it. Neither should there be. The makers of the app don't care how people use it, so long as they use it.

• They want sex. Its just a thing they write to fool themselves and make it appear thwn they are better than this, even tho they are dtf.
    There was an excellent mytake on tinder hookups and this as well as many ither things were discussed there.
    I think it was by fearless banana

• I haven't used it but yeah its a hookup app and anyone that says otherwise they probably don't wanna be judged.

• Some of them do want to have casual sex through tinder but don't want the whole world to know about it so they put that on their profile. Others really see it as a dating app.

• More panels to advertise oneself on, of course.

• They're just bitter of men who openly express that they want sex.

• Idiots who don't know what they want?

• Cause they have no idea what they're getting themselves into

• Tinder is stupid that's why

• You have to realize women's words=/=women's actions. Many girl have on their profile "no hookups. Looking for friends" but spit a little game and ask them to come over to your place to chill and they will be on all 4's taking the D.