Everytime I'm interested in a guy they only want to hook up?

Hey guys so for a while I've been noticing guys only trying to get me to hook up with them, but not take me on a date. If I meet a cute guy and he seems interested back by asking for my number and such implying he wants to take me out, only days later texting me later at night asking me to get drinks with them or to come over and "cuddle". I'm just so sick of this, why a guy doesn't want to take me out to somewhere nice and put effort in it. It seems easy for me when there's always a guy asking to hang out, but none of them asking me out on a formal date it seems to get to know me. I want to be thought of as a potential girlfriend, not a piece of meat. What am I doing wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there's automatically anything devious about getting drinks. That's just how some people like to hang out with someone. But yeah I like to go on an actual old fashioned date for the first few times spending time together before I like to do more casual hang outs.

My question is where are you meeting most of these guys that just try to get in your pants?

What Guys Said 7

• it may be our eroding environment... the more people do this the less people want to put any investment in.

Could be where you are finding them. Online: put a notice there that states what you expect.
    You can always counter the guys offer and say... no... I want someone to get to know me... lets go dutch for dinner... etc.. at least you get a date?

maybe find a guy at a church?

• Where are you meeting these guys?

• At concerts and through work mostly! Sometimes at a party but not as often. im not the type to take trashy pictures and such and I try to be as nice as possible but this is starting to really put me down. I'm not sure why a guy wouldn't see me as a potential gf! I don't want to think that I have to sleep with them and stuff in order for them to consider me as a girlfriend

• Men have needs, they have wishes
    to fullfill their sexual desire,
    by having sex with more than one girl in order to tell
    their friends and to increase their self esteem against them.
    It's battle between men, to show off who is better, who had more sexual partners
    with girls and stuff like that.
    To find the better one, it's not that easier... it just needs time and
    he will be in front of you unexpectedly.

• your doing nothing wrong, those guys must be an ass, dont worry just give it some time and you'll find a better guy, and maybe its a sign that your not ready for a relationship and your better being single and you shoudl enjoy your single life

• Isn't going for drinks a date?

• Unless it's last minute at 10 pm. No one wants to to feel last minute unless I'm overreacting about it in this case

• Makes sense. People go to bars at night. Me and friends don't even start getting dressed til 9. I don't know when I ask girls out I ask to meet me for a drink somewhere public.

• Maybe you've been looking at the wrong type of guys

• Well then I guess it just seems like the wrong type of guys are the only ones who want to get my number..

• I'm sure there are good looking bloke out there for you elsewhere. Mos people goes or have gone through countless dates and/or relationship to find that special someone for them. Just keep on trying and you'll eventually find him yeah?

• Maybe stop finding them at night clubs and gyms?

What Girls Said 1

• how old are they? most guys our age only want to hook up. i only really date older guys now

• I'm almost 22 so 20-24 mostly :)

• yeah maybe try tinder? thats how i started dating older guys

• Will do!