Should I ask him out?

So long story short, this guy and I liked each other but be told me we should just be friends, because at this point in time he has no interest in perusing a relationship and he is not prepared at all. I am in grade 11 and he is in grade 12, and he is graduating in appox 14-15 school weeks, which is about 100 days. School holidays is coming soon and I really want to ask him to do something with me in the holidays as friends, is it a good idea at all? If so, what's a good activity? Can I ask through text instead of in person?

• You should (comment reason please?)
  • You shouldn't (comment reason please?)

What Guys Said 2

• At first I wasn't sure, but eventually I voted you should.
    Reason on this is because he already said he doesn't want a relationship. Don't get yourself too close for now, he might deny you later and it'll hurt.
    And if you were to ask him, do it in person. If you do it over text he might just ignore.

• why did you vote yes because he said he doesn't want a relationship?

• I'm just saying go for it but be careful

• Well, friends do stuff together. So you can do something as friends.
    And then seduce him and become more than friends.

What Girls Said 1

• I asked my boyfriend out when we first started talking. We went for a walk in the park and got ice cream afterwards (do something simple where you can talk and get to know each other); we have been together for 2 years now and I thank God everyday for giving me the courage to ask him out. You should ask because you might never have the chance again after he graduates. (I would rather face rejection than deal with regret) And do it in person! It shows that you are mature and confident :)