How long until you introduce who you're dating to your family?

Just curious

• A month
  • Six months
  • A year
  • Two years
  • Never...
  • Other-explain?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the persons level of comfort as well as how I feel about having him around. I'm always up front about the people I date with my family. But I try to avoid bringing them around my whole family.

What Guys Said 17

• Well I would say probably a month for me but I haven't dated a whole lot so I'm not sure. And... I am not trying to be "that guy" but please use the correct who/whom next time.

• Im lucky if I even see my family once a year so, they don't meet people I date like ever based on the distance

• 6-12 months I'd guess?

Although my sister with her previous boyfriend met up wit his relatives on like the first day of their dating session lol it was quite unusual

• Lol whenever I suppose my family usually likes to know who I am with and get to know them a little bit.

• My parent's don't believe in dating they just believe in marriage so only after I married her lol.

• I've only introduced one women to my parents and we were dating a year at that point.

• Until I know for certain it's serious. With my girlfriend, this was after two months.

• Not really sure.

• option 2

• My family had only met one of my girlfriends before the 6 month mark.

• Never. Introducing them is dumb.

• never

• A month of dating is good enough

• FUCK 'EM

• 6 months enough.

• we both had met our families before we got together

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• Mostly give or it take a bit over a month depending on how many dates we've been on. If it hasn't been many than it can be much longer than a month. I first want to establish how serious we are before introducing them. Me and my boyfriend became exclusive very soon after meeting so I introduced him quite early on as I knew we were serious.

• Depends when it gets serious. I've dated guys for several months without even mentioning them to my parents, because it never got serious.

With my boyfriend however, we got serious quite quickly and I met his parents about a month and a half in. My parents live several provinces away so he didn't meet them til about 6 months in, but I told them about him very early on.

• Never again.

My family are a bunch of judgmental assholes who voice their opinion on everything that I do and after what they did to my last relationship, I am NEVER going to show any boyfriend of mine to them.

• Depends if you have kids or bitchy asshole family or if you think they might not mix. I am excited to have my son meet my guy but I am going to let him bring it up. I tell him about family bbq's and invite him but I know he is doing his business. I throw it out there.

• I can count the number of guys I've introduced to family on one hand. And it's always been really brief meetings where nothing serious is discussed.

I feel like my family relationship is reaaaally complicated and my romantic relationships usually are too.. and I just don't wanna mix my chocolate with my peanut butter unless I'm truly in love and sure it's long term.

I know I've hurt a couple guys and my parents feelings with this but it's neither of them.. I'm just scared of how they would play off each other

• With my current relationship, never. That's a fast ticket to his life being ruined.

• I think the time-span in which you wait to introduce your partner to your parents is how serious the relationship is and your family dynamic. For me, my family and I have very open channels in communication. They know a lot about my love life and other important aspects of my life. If a man I am seeing is important to me and I can definitely see him being a part of my life, then I'd love to introduce him to my family.

• When we want to get married haha! So when we're about to get engaged.

• never. my family is awful. I wouldn't want to scare a great guy away.

• It all depends on when it just feels right.

• Somewhere between one and six months for my local family (maybe two or three months), and probably one to two years for my out of state family.

• Between three and six months, usually. Though I'm never going to introduce my parents to my current boyfriend.

• A few months

• usually less than a month.

• 6 months seem alright.

• My parents and I live in different countries, so there's that.

• I introduced my partner to my family ca. 1 year after we started to date. I felt anxious and not so comfortable doing it earlier..

• My family needs to meet them soon so that I can get their opinions on him