How do I actually get a girl to pick me over the hundreds of other options she has?

It's impossible these days since every girl has got so many guys after her. Online dating is pretty much useless since any girl I'm interested in has gotten messages from so many other guys. As an experiment, I told a girl I know to get a Tinder and just selectively swipe guys she found hot. She is truly average in looks. After two days, she has exactly 67 matches, all who are very good looking guys. On Tinder, I get a good number of matches but girls have so many options that they usually don't choose me. The other day actually I was at a club and I was talking to this girl, when another guy came up who was just simply taller and more attractive than me. The girl's attention goes away from me to him. I get upset and at this point my chances are shot, so I ask, "am I not good enough for you?" She says, "you're cute, but he's cuter" and then goes away. I'm becoming a doctor so at least I'll have status too, but like this is ridiculous. Getting a girl is like playing the lottery.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to sit down and talk with people than trying the "meat market" approach. Get involved in some activities, go to small gatherings, hit up friendly puns instead of clubs. Do a co-Ed sport or something - tons of charity 5Ks right now, for instance.

What Girls Said 2

• We get a lot of matches, doesn't mean we talk to them all. I'm super selective. Over 100+ I've talked to maybe a handful, maybe a little more than a handful.

All depends on vibes too. Never seriously pursued any of them.

• Honestly if you're looking at the girls that select between options like items on a menu and are always lookin for the next best thing... there's a reason you aren't getting one.

What Guys Said 4

• If she is interested, she will pick you.
    If she is not interested, she will not pick you.
    Simple.
    In my (limited) experience, dating websites are toxic freak shows.
    Your time might be invested better in getting out and meeting real women.

• Get to know her and be the best. Life is competition man, dating, career, etc. So compete you guys

• ^^ ... and don't play the "futures market" ffs

meaning, if you are 18-24 then you have 6-12 years left (including 4-5 years of grueling, 70-90 hour weeks, while the girl kinda sits there without you -- like a long-distance relationship even if it's short-distance) before you'll actually be a doctor.
      I mean, no offense, but, the present value of that asset is not terribly high, dude. not in a club, anw.

• @redeyemindtricks Yeah you're right. Not trying to brag here but my family is pretty rich so I don't have any debt but yeah you can't put a price on time spent with someone.

• You cant' your fucked for life.

• Man you're probably joking here but you're right in some ways. Even if I get her to like me, what's saying she won't just leave me if someone better comes along. It's fucking bullshit.

• Yeah just have lots of money or hope that you come a cross a girl who bumped her head hard enough against a really hard surface and now that her attractive preference is all backwards preferably she hits her head on a rock lol.

• Be yourself