Is This Guy Hiding Something?

We have been dating for a week and he sent me these this morning (while on vacation)

Text Messages:

You are one of the sweetest girls I think I have ever met, along with one of the best hearts. I view you as a very great friend, but I'm afraid you view me as something different, perhaps greater. The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you, so this is why I'm talking about this with you.

I'm the one who should be sorry because I know all too well how that feels but I feel like I would of hurt you significantly more if I continued any longer without talking to you about this.

God has put a person to match each one of us, especially you. It's all about chemistry, and I know you'll find the one, maybe even when you least expect it.
But again, I am genuinely sorry for this and I hope you'll understand and forgive me.

Really can't put into words how much that means to me, saying thank you wouldn't do it justice. I'm a strong believer that everything happens for a reason.
The same goes for what you said about me, girls like you are an extremely rare find. You have an exceptional level of heart and thoughtfulness that is just so special.
You're going places.

• Yeah, dig deeper
  • No, he's just straightforward

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he doesn't see you as the right fit with him romantically, but honestly does care about you as a friend. Be glad that he was honest with you rather than lead you on. There is nothing wrong with you not him, he just isn't the right person right now.

What Guys Said 1

• "I view you as a very great friend,"
    I stopped reading after that, he just told u that he ain't interested in u romantically and the later BS is just to not hurt ur emotions.
    I would suggest u to not do anything, walk away and tell him u like him and u are not interested in friendship.

What Girls Said 0