Would you date a coworker?

Very simple question, would you?

• Yes i would
  • No i would not
  • It depends on how much i like the person
  • It depends on something else (please say)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always thought it's a bad idea. But if I really saw something in him and thought it was worth the risk, I'd try to take it slow

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if she works in a different department, or one of us leaves a and asks the other out after

What Girls Said 27

• Hmmm, it depends on if it's against company rules. If it's not, I would think about how long I'm going to work there, if we're on the same shift, the same floor, etc.

If I wouldn't be around them often, ex. worked on level 2, I'm on level 1, yea, I might if I really liked him.

• i dont know lol. I'm not currently attracted to anyone in the workplace. if i were to develop feelings, ill handle it if i get there.

• Dating at work has always been a big no-no for me. There was two guys who liked me at a job I used to have and after one awkward date with the one and turning down them both working with them got really weird.

• Why weird?

• How would the first guy treat you like crap? And how would he act hurt?

• Treating me like crap:
      He would toss things at me or spray me with water if I went through the back to get something, he took my phone once, and since we were part of the same group of friends at work he kind of tried to get them to dislike me.
      Then half the other time he would act all awkward with this sad puppy dog look on his face when he came by to get my bins.

• Nope.

If things don't work out, it'll be awkward.

• It would depend on how much I liked the person, but it's unlikely.

• only if I liked him toooooooooo much that I am willing to do something I'd prefer not too... cuz it can cause too much awkwardness if anything doesn't go well..

• Unfortunately definitely not. Even if that significantly diminshes my chances of dating in general - because I don't socialize often outside of work. Nope. It would be extremely unprofessional and just awkward.

• It depends how much I like the person? But I don't know that would be awkward and annoying at the same time

• What if your current boyfriend was your coworker, would you go for him?

• I don't like the thought of mixing business and personal together. I don't know. I would date a coworker.. Like what happens if things don't work well? 😐 You go into work and see her/him and it's awkward as 😓

• Simple answer! HELL NAW!

• If I really, really liked them, I'd consider it but I'd be kinda hesitant.

• Awkward all around if things don't work out

• It would depend on how much I liked him.

• Yes I would.

• Sure

• You dont think it might end badly?

• Good luck lol. I tried doing that and it was one of the hardest things i ever had to go through :/

• Oh, well, I still don't work though lol :p so I can't really visualize it

• Nooo lol

• Nope because it never ends well.

• I had a thing with a coworker once. I would advise against it.

• What happened?

• It was purely physical. He was about 14 years younger than me... which didn't help. I think he just wanted to mark of his list of being with an older woman.. which was fine with me. I didn't want a serious relationship with someone so much younger. The problem is now it is awkward like in meeting and just hanging around the office. Nothing can be the same after you see each other naked. This was about 3 years ago.

• Wouldn't be opposed to it. It would be dumb to let true love (possibly) slide just because we happen to work together.

• Would you havevto know its true love before you consider dating someone from work?

• Do you agree with Dodgergms answer?

• Haha yeah I guess. But I wouldn't date anyone I don't feel that way about anyways, coworker or not. 😛

• yea I would if I really like him
    it s worth it

• Maybe. If it doesn't work out, it's gonna be awkward around them.

• At first place, no. But if there's too much feelings there then why not. You cannot choose who you like.

• it all depends on how we clicked

• I have in the past, but I doubt I would do so again.

• Yes, why not?

• No, Office is strictly profession.
    No love, Only work!

• You can hang out with a person outside of the office too though

• @Mesonfielde Hanging out once in a while is not a problem, you have to be considerate and talk to everyone, it is common. But having a relationship is a no go, it is very dangerous, in my opinion.

• Yes, why not

• Well what dodgersgm says does have merit to it, you dont see it that way?

• Well if it doednt go well you'll still have to see and work with the guy afterwards which could be very awkward. You can deal with that?

• Of course... It's awkard only if you cheat on your coworker or the other ways.
      After you just being coworker like before.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 23

• I've seen it work before and it worked for them just fine

Honestly, you just need two individuals who don't have drama over non-drama literally anywhere and anytime.

So I voted C). The issue is the mutual co-workers who prey upon your every step because they apparently don't have anything better to do.

• That's one of the few rules in dating I have. But hey, not saying it's a rule I may not break down the road, who knows. In my line of work, in the office most people are fat lol so there's not much temptation.

• Yes, if you categorically refuse to date coworkers you are usually closing off the biggest source of potential partners in your life. Coworkers are also more likely to have similar interests and goals and you know what they're really like/can get to know them more slowly.

• Yes I would, the workplace is one of the most common place that adults after work have what is called, "unplanned frequent interaction".

• Man, only if I felt like, 'holy shit! I MUST date this person!' Because otherwise, it seems like an invitation for too much drama.

• I'd rather date someone working in another company nextdoors.
    Don't drip your pen in company ink.

• I'd rather avoid it if possible, because if we ever broke up, I'd probably have to get a different job.

But I guess you can't really help who you love, and if I had enough faith that it would work out - I'd go for it.

• I most likely would not.

• Well I'm the only one of my age group at my job so no.

• Only if the company is big enough and she works in a different department.

• If I'm really into her, yes

• rather not. cause if shit hits the fan, you´re stuck with them at work and can´t get away from them.

• Yes I would for sure.

• Nope

• Yes I would

• I try to keep those lives separated, have messed around with them before though... lol...

• It never ends well.

• I would not, too comlicated. As they say you don't take a dump where you eat.

• Been there and done that, so no..

• Yes. ;).

• hell no man. Thats breaking rule number 1. never date girls from work, or the gym.

• Yeah if she liked back

• "E" I have dated a coworker.