Will I find anyone better?

Hello :( my ex broke up with me recently, we had a break and now ended up as close friends. We have great conversation and jokes but never cross the line. Im comfortable around him but he's not the best person for me. I'm scared of falling in love with anyone out of fear of getting hurt. I know my ex isn't good enough for me but why do I still think of him all the time? Will it be like that forever and I won't find anyone else?
Pls help... Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• He's still on your mind because he's still in your life. Don't be scared of falling in love, if you don't have a few heartbreaks, you can't learn what you really want in a relationship. It's a learning experience, and it will hurt, but if it doesn't hurt we don't seem to learn and end up repeating the same relationships over and over.

• Thank you for the encouragement :)

• Thank u so much! You're right, I probably like him because he's comfortable to be around.. Do u suggest cutting contact or still being friends to get over someone? I've tried cutting contact but it makes me miss him more :(

• Cutting contact is ideal, but it may be easier on you to just taper it off. Quitting anything cold turkey always makes you miss it and want it more! You may be able to distract yourself with a new hobby or picking up something you haven't done in a while.

What Guys Said 2

• you will if you learn from your mistake and choose the right guy the next time.

• You will in time. The right person is just around the corner; just be sure to make yourself available yeah?

• thanks for your comment :) I don't know if I'm in love with my ex because I'm used to him and afraid of change even if he's not the right person for me. Any ideas?

What Girls Said 2

• It may not seem like you will, but you will find someone.

• of course you will. there will be a better person out there for you