A lot of people don't want to date black girls. Why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m sure it has to do with all of the negative stereotypes attached to black women but it also may be where you live. Four out of seven of my very best friends are black; 2 African American, 1 African, and 1 Jamaican. They never have any problems getting a man. One of them is too busy being a boss and running her own business to entertain suitors but I swear whenever we go out, guys can’t keep their eyes off of her. One of them has dated one of my cousins and one of my brothers friends because the guys are always asking about her when I bring her to family BBQ’s. People who believe that all black women (or even most) have some measure of the ratchet, mean stereotype are idiots. I’m a well-traveled woman and I’ve seen so many different races of females act out that stereotype. In fact, some of the most ratchet women come from Brazil. Here in America, “ghetto” black girls will throw fists, where my family is from “ghetto” girls will have her friend hold you down while she chops off your hair with a kitchen knife.

Hold your head high and believe in yourself. There are men out there who adore black women and there are a lot of beautiful black women that no non-ignorant, intelligent man would deny.

• Also learn to recognize when there’s a self-hating minority or a guy with a whitewashed mentality. Through subconscious programming from the media and movies with a constant white female lead, there are a lot of guys who have been conditioned to think that whitened up features are the most attractive. Some of them are white but some of them are minorities who are basically saying a white female is more beautiful than their own mother. Sad. Don’t let their mental issues get you down or make you feel bad.

• Awwwh :) Glad to know your spirit is in a good place!
      Don’t let ignorant fools get you down. I have some very handsome mixed (Brazilian, Columbian, French, tiny bit of Japanese) brothers who think black girls are sexy. When I was a kid, my big brother’s high school sweetheart was a really pretty black girl. They were together for like three and a half years and she used to come over for family dinners and bring soul food lol My second youngest brother (my big brother) followed his footsteps.

Love yourself, be confident, and know your worth.

• Thanks for mho :)

What Guys Said 25

• I have no problem dating women of any ethnic or racial background.

I think black girls have to put up with shitty stereotypes and the fact that eurocentric beauty trends are so entrenched in western society. Black women certainly aren't the problem.

• I'd settle for a black gal that would be interested in me. I guess they think I'm too white and nerdy?

• Physical reasons:

- All women of all ethnicities are lighter skinned than their male counter-parts on average. This is generally seen as an attraction factor of men - aka men biologically find lighter skin attractive. So when you live in a country thats mainly white you can 1+1 yourself.
    - Black women seem to be too much making them sometimes seem disproportional. While most men really dig hourglasses, there definitely is a too much. Like too big a butt, etc.
    - Black women look too masculine. Femininity is attractive to most men, black women are the least feminine looking by nature (having a butt and boobs isn't all there is to femininity).

Socially/Psychologically:

- Black women suffer from certain toxic elements among the black communities that creates a negative stereotype about them
    - There are several of obnoxious black women giving the decent ones a bad reputation.
    - Anything relating to ghetto is a turn-off.

Now what you make out of that is up to you. It is just me explaining why that is without any personal judgement.

Since you are young though I am only explaining you why black girls are generally seen as the least attractive. That does not mean you are unattractive or will end up solo or anything. I just want to explain you where it comes from so you can understand why. That shouldn't crush your self-esteem nor should it tell you that you will be forever alone. It's just a bit more of an uphill battle for you than it might be for others.

But think about it this way: While dating around might be easier for other ethnicities - finding the right life-long partner is equally difficult for everyone, because being such a good match in personality is difficult to find and completely indepentent of your skin-colour.

• I don't think the light skin is a biological attraction. It's man made, social norms and status. Men are darker because they tend to be outdoors more across cultures. Biologically, dark skin has more advantages. Darkness is skin protection.

• Lol, remember that GAG posts are not an elaborate English report where you get a grade so anecdotal evidence isn’t necessary unless one’s ego is their main motivation for giving answers.

• What the heck? My argument is NOT that dark skin is better. It's that the world's skin color preference is a social rather than biological thing. Biologically, darker skin should be favored but humanity doesn't always swing that way. Our world's history and affluence dynamics plays a bigger role. I personally think all skin colors can look nice. And even biological preference is kinda a so what? sorta thing. We are human beings. We reason beyond biology. Biology doesn't factor in personality, career, common interests, etc. Giving examples is not nitpicking, it's just backing up a point. How else would I back up a point? I don't understand. Anyways, it seems like you really want to be right about this one. Carry on and believe what you want. We're all just theorizing.

• I would date a black girl. I choose who I date based on important things such as how knowledgeable she is about real topics, how well she can communicate, if she's ambitious, doesn't do drugs, isn't a drunk. I don't judge people on color, or size of her tits or anything superficial like that.

• Because they are foolish and miss opportunities to be with wonderful, beautiful women?

• Out of the black race, the Women are the ones who are attractive. Just like with Hispanics.
    But all the endless anti-white propaganda and social engineering go against white men, So nonwhite males get the benefit from it.
    Don't pay much attention to the negativity on the internet, It's some very hateful people going to the extreme. There is no limit to how low they might sink :/

• I don't know if that's even true, but please, stop with this. I'm constantly seeing posts of black girls whining.
    If you're hot, you'll get guys, it works like that with every race, and with every gender.

• But by western standards, white people are more attractive. Probably 5 out of every 10 white women are attractive, whereas maybe 3 of out 10 black women are.

• Well, i can only speak for myself. For me, if they wear weaves/fake hair, im immediately not interested. If I get a wiff of even the slightest bit of an aggressive attitude, im not interested. The attitude thing is something i look out for with every woman, but for me i have special senses when it comes to black women, because of some experiences i've had. Partly thanks to that experience, i'm fully aware of the code meaning behind the words "I'm a strong black woman". Life is too short. Just saw that some popular singer died recently (christina?) and she was only 22. I don't want to spend ANY of this short time with a girl who wants to be a constant thorn in my side in order to prove how unshakable she is.. As long as you avoid playing into this stereotype that black women have, you shouldn't have an issue

• most guys just happen to like fair features and black girls are... well black, its not something to be upset about its how you wereborn but almost all guys i know like girls with light features and to them skin color can't be darker than a certain tone, also facial structure differs , in short caucasian girls who have light features are more attractive, as i said iam here to provide an answer.

keep in mind some like black girls.

• Perhaps because the men of whom you speak are not black?
    Millions of years of natural selection have wired our brains to be attracted to our own kind. It is known as own group preference.

• well as a scottish person there is no real stigma about dating other cultures and racial groups but that being said as a third party person from what i have seen based in the mdiea kinda portay a lot of black women as either ghetto or thugish in most cases which kinda portrays them in the media

in some other media they can be portraid as

really loud
    in your face
    super opionated
    very materialistic ( gold diggers and such )

as for physical its more of a personal prefrence men

as a side note i dont think a lot of them personaly come across as this but simply how the media portays them genreally

• because you are more attracted to the type of people you grew up with, what you see all the time on tv, etc.

• I generally don't find black women attractive tbh.

• Because I don't find them attractive typically physically.

• Because most of them have kids.

• Stereotype of them being loud and mean.

• Honestly. I can find really hot black girls but most of them I'm not attracted to them. So when I find one, I think she being pretty is more rare than a white pretty girl.

• I would but honestly don't know any nice one

• coz white chiks are better

• Don’t put that negative, false seed in this young woman’s mind. You might be a self-hating minority who thinks white women look better than the own woman who gave you your features, but keep that toxic mentality to yourself.

• You looked Hispanic or Arab from afar but with a closer look, it looks like you’re an average, plain looking white guy?

• yep im a white guy with a tan, half greek and aesthetic as fuck, born and raised in england.

• I don't find them attractive.

• i love black girls

• I do.. I love them

• Because most of them don't prefer men from other races.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Because they stereotype us and think we are all loud and have attitude problems. Typing up an article about this right now.

• Because of (Can I get a drum roll plz)... Propaganda, my dear Watson! Oh no they do lol the prejudice one's don't and guess what love... We aren't missing out on much with those few lmao.

• Non-caucasian beauty ideals are only starting to change. On top of that, the stereotypes against black women suck. It's not fair but at least there are so many people in this world that it won't matter.

• I think it is for those reasons:

- some guys are afraid of their family and friends reaction. They are afraid of being judged. Or maybe they wouldn't know how to deal with their comments.
    - some believe in the stereotypes about black girls
    - others are not attracted to dark skinned girls.

• american/european thing

• Depends on where you live, maybe they're scared of us (I'm only half though).

• racism. :)

• False stereotypes, racist, everyone is entitled to their preference the most important thing is that you love yourself and know where you come from and who you are, be black and proud and no amount of racial hate, put downs or anything can phase you, destroy or give you self hate, when you reach that point of self love, whether people want to date you or not, it's you who will be confident in yourself enough to and pick and choose who is good enough for you or not.

• What I have heard men say... their attitudes, weave, kids by different men. I think there are some black women like this. But... I also know a lot of lovely black women.