Why do people catfish so much?

I find it annoying. What do people get out of it? Why pretend to be someone else? I feel as if most are ashamed of themselves. I don't know who's a real person on here anymore. :/ I just may have answered my own question, but whatever, I'm out.

Most Helpful Girl

• On GaG it's usually a guy that wants someone to sext with. So he'll pretend to be a "bi" girl who "just wants to ask like one question okay!"

There's one guy who comes and goes who's like 67 and claims to be a doctor but then he likes to pretend to women of various ages. He says it's because he feels like people listen to him better that way? And I'm like are we on the same site? XD

I get that it can be hard to know who's who at first, but you'll get good at it eventually. Basically if a person is too good to be true just wait until they out themselves.

• I guess so if they're willing to go the extra mile to "get some."

• LOL I think it's more sad that they think that's something that they should or want to do.

What Girls Said 2

• Insecure.

• People are bored and have nothing else to do. It's even easier for people to say whatever they want cause they can hide behind a computer and use someone else's pictures to do or say things they wouldn't say in person.

What Guys Said 6

• They live by the code that they can't stand. They have do this this and this and this and this. But draining them, they hate it, they do t know why they do it but if gets society off there backs they will go the length to do what it takes to be recognized. Love. Attention, ego, etc. so you fill in the rest. They hate what they've become.

• I'm a catfish, I do it for the lolz. I'm 73 and Asian with one arm but I claim to have two + I weigh about 321 lbs. My friends call me "Magic Mike" (probably to boost my ego).

I like cake and Twinkies, sue me.

• There are a few catfish on here with multiple accounts, so there may not be as many as there appear at first.

GAG don't appear to care, though. It has (and continues to) made a lot of people give up with the site.

• I see.. I feel like social media is somewhat useless. I don't even have Instagram, Facebook, snap etc.

• @BellePepper Done that - nothing happened, despite clear and obvious similarities with vocab, posting history, subject matter etc - admins aren't interested.

• have you tired pm'ing xHoneyxBeex or one of the other admins about it? Like just be nice and say like "hey these people seem to be REALLY similar is there any way you could maybe take the time to look into it?"

• Hmm, even though it's wrong to catfish; lie to people.
    You do need to realize this isn't a dating site.

• Girls want attention and they lack value in real life so they fake it to feel important.

• Half of the "girls" on these apps and social media sites are guys..

• Trannies want a lot of attention as well. Why do you think they want to be girls in the first place...

• Lying is the lifeblood of society.