Long distance goers!! Help!!! Is it doable? How to get him to communicate his feelings better?

So me and my boyfriend have been together for about 7 months now... I just graduated college this may, we are back in the same hometown for the summer until he goes back to school (we are both 22 but he got very ill for a year and had to take a year off of school). I do not see him much even in our hometown because his work is about an hour away and he works most of the week. He balances a life of divorced parents so I do understand the demand to see them as well as time with me. Unfortunately we went from being together every day of the week in college to now once or twice a week. I said I love you to him around month 4 ( I couldn't hold it in any longer). He told me he was getting there but he wasn't there yet... And I have yet to hear from it since...

my my question is... Whenever I talk about the future he acts like its not a big deal he's moving back to college (3 hours away), he's made it known that between college classes and work that it may be weeks or even month without seeing each other... Is that reasonable? Are there warning signs that he is pulling away?

i know he cares deeply for me through the way he treats me im just insecure because of past relationships and his lack of communication...

HELP. How do I face long distance head on?
im so in love with him it physically hurts...

i I just don't want to be blindsided and I'm scared I'm too blind to see warning signs...

What Guys Said 2

• Long distance relationship only work to a certain point and only if the aim is to get physically close within a reasonable amount of time. Too long time away from each other will slowly corrode the relationship as well as drag either side down.

• It won't work.

• Why do you say that?

• I've done it, my friends have done it, nearly everyone on the internet has done it. There's a less than 1% success rate.

What Girls Said 1

• Good luck with that.
    It's... difficult. Like any other relationship.