What about the tall girls?

I always see girls asking if they can still be considered attractive if their short. But what about us tall girls? We're seen as intimidating and we have a limited amount of guys to choose from. It's basically like being a short guy, since they can't date tall girls. Tall girls can't date the short guys cause it's viewed as "odd" .
Boys do you find it odd to date a girl taller than you? And why
Girls and Boys, do you think it's weird for a tall girl to date a much shorter guy? And why.

Most Helpful Guy

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

First of all, I don't care about height I am would date any girl of any height be it 3ft or 7ft tall. I really don't care.

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Secondly, there are many reasons as why many men don't date women taller than them. One being that men feel their masculinity is threatened by being with a girl taller than them. I feel that many men are more "lenient" when it comes to height than women which leads me on to my third point.

Thirdly, I believe women are way more pickier when comes to height mainly because women claim that they just don't find men shorter than them attractive. From countless testimonies I have read online from tall girls, a lot tend to "learn" to get over the height thing because they realise it's harder to find men taller than they are and so deem it "unrealistic". I personally think then that if they really had the luxury of more men taller than them, the taller women would go for taller men instead.

It's kind of sad knowing that short men won't be really considered by tall women if tall women had more taller men to choose from. It's kind of like leftovers. Not saying all women are like this though.

• Honestly, if I had the choice to date a tall guy or a short guy with the same personality and similar look, I would probably pick the shorter guy. Short guys put in more effort to impress a taller girl because they feel that they have to prove that they are a "man" . A taller guy on the other hand would feel as if he wouldn't need to prove anything and may just be a complete douche because of it and may not be as worried about losing the girl as much as a shorter guy.

• I'm sure it'll happen eventually!!! :D Best of luck!!!

• vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Why thank you. I don't think it is going happen anytime soon. "Eventually" is the best word for it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• Being 6'4," I can say that few girls are actually taller than me. The ones that are tend to be volleyball players, basketball players, or other athletes of some sort. It is sort of intimidating to see a 6'5"+ woman. This is probably since it is so unusual for me to see em. I'm just not used to it.

I'm not extremely tall, but I see a limited number of girls above my height. It isn't a deal breaker by any means, but I do have a preference for someone shorter than me.

It's quite unusual to see a tall girl with a much shorter guy, but weird is perhaps a bit too much. If I saw a tall girl with a much shorter guy in public, I'd probably be like "Huh, that's different," but it wouldn't be out of disgust... it would just be like acknowledging something rare and finding it intriguing (if that makes any sense).

• I'm 6 foot 1, uh, 185cm, and I wouldn't mind a taller, Norse-like woman!!
    Maybe a volleyball woman!! Some of them are hot!!! I don't care if she is taller, or strong, and maybe a little 'wrestle play' are foreplay. . . If she wins, she can choose the position, or be 'on top'!!
    I might lose, on purpose, with the right one. . .

• Ask Tom Cruise or Katie Holmes.

• >> Tall girls can't date the short guys cause it's viewed as "odd" .

That's why tall girls don't date short guys, and that's why short guys assume they can't date tall girls :P

Honestly I've heard "height" being a MAJOR factor only from women. "A guy should be taller than the girl even while she is wearing high heels" is the rule I tend to hear, although I never really knew why?

I always cheer a bit when I see same-height couples (or where the female is taller) because they're way past this bullshit.

• I'd date taller. I'm 5'4" and I'd go to 5''8" for the gal's height since she might want to wear heels on occasion and I would want to be able to kiss her when the feeling strikes.

• I'm 5'4 so It's out of my choice (especially when all the girls where I live seem tall) but it really doesn't bother me, I don't give a shit what some random cunts think.

• So you'd be okay with dating someone 5 inches taller than you?

• Sounds fine to me, I know some girls around 5'9 that are really attractive and cool and that's all I care about not arbitrary height stats already taken the piss out of for being short and now I'm not insecure about it, so I wouldn't care about what other people say.

• I'd date a woman taller than me! :-D

• Glad to hear you're not intimidated!! How much taller would you date?

• Glad to hear there's no limit!!

• I'm not one for concrete rules on life, the workplace alone has enough concrete rules as it is!

• The g@ger I like is taller thab me by 4 inches and although it may seem odd if we were to date it's not something I'd mind at all.

• Being shot for a guys is worse, but you got a point there, not I would not date a girl who is taller then me, a man would be taller then a woman, otherwise she looks unmanly.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneHeadTaller

• Girls have a problem with height not guys. Only reason guys shy away is because girls make it clear that they want guys taller than them, hence that is considered norm. If tall girls wouln't make height an issue maost guys wouln't either. Would you for example wear heels?

You don't have a small pool to choose from, its your choice. Don't make height an issue and it wouln't be.

• @sunnycaligirl she's very tall

• Tall chicks are hotter

• I think of a girlfriend as "My sweet little princess"
    Bring someone taller than me into the picture and it just shatters all my fantasies.

• I'm 6'9" so barely any girl is taller than me. Tall girls (shorter than me) make me feel more normal about myself

• I love when they can wrap their legs around my neck as I...

• "Tall girls can't date the short guys cause it's viewed as "odd"."

Only if you care what people think and are insecure

• I was just curious as to why people think that. I personally don't have a problem with it, yet was curious to know why people think so. I have a crush on a guy FIVE inches shorter than me and everyone makes fun of me for it. I think it's stupid.

• Cause people have nothing better to do and they're insecure about it themselves so they do so to make themselves feel better.

• i'm 6'0", so in that regard i am lucky. i date shorter girls. i'd also date a girl who is 6'3" if she's cute and has a nice personality.

• I just think that this "odd" feeling does not make any sense. I would love to date a girl taller than me. It is just something we are not that used to see, but where is the problem?

• What about them?

• How much tall?

• Me being 6'6 , I would def consider it odd for a girl to be taller than me.

• Yeah I don't care about height

• WHATEVER. IT'S JUST NOT IDEAL.

• Well i dont care about it. Also im 6'3 so not many girls can be taller than me.

• They are generally proud, cold bitches especially brunette ones.

• This seems more like a personal issue from experience. To me it sounds like the same thing as being racist, as you think all tall female brunettes are bitches.

• I hate their pride. Actually it is a personal issue. I'm 1.76, I flirted with a brunette, 1.70 girl considered tall in where I live. She was proud as fuck I believe she thought that she deserves +1.90, rich, handsome men. So, I hated how she was superficial.

• Well I'm 6'3 and I am attracted to tall girls. Victoria secret models I think are on average around 5'10.

• They're range is anywhere from 5'7-6'1 . I think that's great that they go up to such a height! :) .

• You're also 14. You may feel like a giant now but a lot of guys will catch up when puberty hits them. I actually was one of the shorter ones until about age 16.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• I'm 5'10" so can totally get what you mean.
    Do I find it weird to date a shorter guy? Well.. I used to. My boyfriend is a bit shorter than me and I had a bit of an issue with it at first. Until I realized that there's no real reason as to why the guy HAS to be taller. Will that make him more manly? Will it make him better able to 'protect me'?
    Um... well.. if you base your masculinity off of height, you've got issues. If you're dating someone for protection from the monsters lurking around every corner... you've got issues.

• I love dating shorter guys because they actually feel as if they have to prove something to you. However, people make fun of me for it since I am 5 inches taller than my crush. It makes no sense to me why people think a short girl and a tall guy is cute but the other way around is "disturbing".

• @kaylaS91 Just out of curiousity, would you find it weird to date a man who is much taller than you? Would it be an issue if he's 6'9"? Or is that like too tall?

• @sixnineanon I'd be fine with a guy who's taller as well. Probably cutting it off at like... no taller than if I'm not even going past his jawline?

The same kind of 'policy' I have for when I see couples where the guy is much taller than his girlfriend, though of course when they're both of more typical heights. If I see a guy who's like... 6'3" or something and his girlfriend is just past his elbow, ngl but it looks a bit odd. Disproportional, almost? :P

• Not at all if you are comfortable in your height who cares? The point is to love each other ;)

• i think it just depends on the person. im 5'3 so most guys are taller then me but i still prefer taller guys over shorter ones and would feel weird dating a guy who's my height or shorter. maybe its just because im so used to guys being taller and bigger then me, i dont know but in my opinion it is kind of odd. i mean i wouldn't judge a couple where the girl is taller but i've just never been in a relationship like that so to me its different. and i dont need a "protector" but i do love being smaller then whoever i date. i just feel more comfortable. but this is all coming from a short girl so my perspectives are different. like if you're 6'0 and you're dating a guy who is 5'10, he is still tall and its not bad, but if i date a guy who's like 5'0, he's just so small to me.

• I'm 5'9" and often wear heels bringing me to 6' or close to it and my ex was 5'7". I'm naturally attracted to taller guys but when everything else is right except for height I don't care if he is shorter or taller. But I get what you mean, more guys approach my shorter friends instead of me and a lot of people always comment how tall I am. I always used to get asked why I still wear heels when I'm already tall and shouldn't I be more considerate to my ex and wear flats. I think it's stupid when I get those comments, if my ex minded he would of said something also why should I stop wearing something I love to ease someone's ego. I'm Asian so being 5'9" is like me being 6'+ and my height is very coveted lol.

• Haha, but yeah SO TRUE! Like really, heels just make me feel pretty it has nothing to do with my height what so ever!

• Haha, yeah that's a good one!! Like god, I can't help my height.

• I'm like why just bug me? Why not tell my ex to wear shoes with thicker soles or style his hair in a way to give him and inch or two of fake height? Also this is not thier problem it's between me and him and if we don't see a problem then shut up lol!

• I am 5ft 2.. I wish I was taller. My boyfriend is 6ft 2. I know we look odd walking together. We went out yesterday and I have walk twice as fast as he does to keep up with him. But I love him. Just courious... does it bother you to see a short woman with a tall man?

• Not at all, you're the same height as my Mom and my father is 6 ft 4. It's normally viewed as cute by people. Yet if you're on the taller side and were 5'9 ish and you wanted to date a guy that was like 5'2 people would look at you a lot weirder than it being the opposite and it sucks. Guys also tend to feel intimidated, making them feel less as a man when being with a tall girl.

• My boyfriend always teases me. But it's great to have someone to reach things on a high shelf. And I have to get on my tippy toes to kiss him.

• Stop rubbing it all in my face XD. I have to bend down to kiss mine!!!

• I wish I were tall. Tall is often seen as elegant and sexy. While short is just "cute", and it's a bit annoying to hear that as an adult. But beggars can't be choosers.

• Yeah my first crush ever actually rejected me for being "too tall" although we were actually about the same height.. Totally ruined my self esteem for way too long and I didn't really bother approaching shorter guys at all ever since that day :/

• I think tall girls are attractive, I actually envy you tall girls haha

• I feel ya. Being just under 6 feet, I feel like I tower over most people and it sucks :/

• I'm 6'00 and I want to date guys who are taller than me.