Why is weight a factor in attractiveness with men?

So annoying, literally I pick guys who are assholes, taken or natural flirts who flirt with anything that walks.
there's a a guy who works at a bowling alley and I have a crush on him (me and my friend go every Friday) well he and I have stuff in common but he sends weird mix signals. Like he'll be joking around playful teasing one time. Or next moment like yesterday he flirted with some slutty skinny blonde girl who was training to work there.
Now now if it was me trying for his attention he would ignore it.

The fact that she was tall, slutty and skinny she automatically gets his attention? Like what the fuck how is that fair? Why does it work like that?

i hate when people say oh she tall and blonde and skinny she gonna get his attention he's gonna like her!!! Like hello I'm like his perfect girl yet I get overlooked cause I'm 5'0 and have curves? I have a tendency to pick wrong guys but it's annoying that because I'm curvy 5'0 that I'm thought of us ugly or not attractive

and it's not like this guy has a six pack gym rat. He chubby , tall with a beard. In fact both men I liked were like that. I don't like six pack gym rat men I'm into husky, chunky, plus size what ever you want to call it.

the guy who was taken my defense he didn't tell me he's was taken until after a long while of talking but he will joke and flirt with each other

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is a culture thing, depending on where you live, men go for a certain type of woman, they did a study and found that men are trained to go for the norm and anything else is seen as a "downgrade".
    I read somewhere also biology, geographic region and economic status play into it.
    Men from poorer families tend to date heavier girls averaging at DD bra size and men who come from middle and upper class families tend to want women who are thinner averaging at a B cup size. Also geographic region. But universally all men tend to like the hourglass figure.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... are you saying that, if your were in a situation where you were talking to or familiar with two guys, one of whom was pretty fit and you got along with better, while the other one was quite overweight and you guys didn't mesh all that well, you'd choose the heavier one out of pity?

• No I'm not saying out of pity I'm saying don't just pick skinny chick. And I never said he meshed with the blonde chick I said she was talking to him all night and trying to flirt. I know him and I get along /mesh/ flirt

• I wasn't saying her specifically I said skinny girls over all.

• what's your beef with skinny girls? Did their skinniness directly hurt you in any way?

What Guys Said 14

• Maybe he just dont think he has a chance with anyone so he just naturally tend to flirt with everyone, regardless how they look like. In hope that someone will I mean.

• If you feel you're not getting the attention you deserve, then do something about it. You Can lose a bit of those curves. It's not impossible.

• I am! But I shouldn't have to lose my "curves" to be found attractive.

Just sucks when u know you're perfect for someone yet stupid stuff like weight is a factor in wether they find u attractive or not when them there selves are not like gym rat six pack guy

• I don't have one either. I don't want one particularly, and he probably isn't bothered either.

• Well what I'm saying is usually six pack men want women with six packs or skinny.

He doesn't have one

• On the flip side, however, tall and blonde and skinny she is looking for the hunkier man over him. Count on it.

• Because if she's fat she's not attractive

• You would say that your probably everything I'm talking about in my post. If there were two girl one short but curvy but cute or pretty and brunnete and the other tall skinny blonde who average looking who thinks leggings are pants I'm 100000% sure you will go for average tall skinny blonde

• Well were just t talking body type preferences here, haven't gotten to personality yet

• Yeah pretty sure it doesn't matter as long as she skinny and tall and probably blonde because men think if a chick boring or dull or dumb they don't have to talk to them just look or duck them

• I find fat girls unattractive and will not even bother dating them.

There are guys that would have sex with anything, so you can still get some.

• Never said I'm fat asshole

• My statement was designed to find out whether you were fat or not. If you were not, you would not be offended. But since you are offended, then you recognize that you are overweight, err, fat.

However, your bitchy, foul mouthed attitude may have a lot to do with why guys are more interested in other women.

• the problem is: as soon as you go out with a more attractive friend, you are auto clam/cock - blocked... it´s the same for men too.

• My friend bigger than I am... Weight and height wise

• well then he´s probably not interested in either xD

• Doubt that but thanks ✌🏼️

• Life isn't fair. Just as being shy and nervous can kill a man's attractiveness, nothing kills a woman's looks like extra pounds and bad haircuts.

• 0|0
  • Technically it's more about the face than the body

But being too wide is also bad

• Well for me it's a major factor that's because I like picking up my girls and putting them on the counter while making love so the lighter they are the easier it is for me to pick them up 😜

• Not if we get along good, you have a pretty face and that most women have a nice smile and pretty eyes, if your attitude is right then it should be no problem with me or anyone not behind a computer screen.

• Cos fat chicks are turn off and look gross

• Weight is to men as Height is to women. It is what it is

• It's unlikely cuz she's tall, blonde and skinny and more likely cuz she's better looking.

What Girls Said 5

• I think the problem is that the guys you're interested in just see you as another face. The guys you mentioned aren't taken by you, so they just flirt with anyone. Tall, short, fat, skinny, etc. It won't matter. Also, there is nothing wrong with wearing leggings as pants. That's the primary purpose of most leggings these days lol

• You need to take a chill pill...
    Looks matter, you have to accept that.

• Umm.. If you don't like that that's the way things are how about losing weight?

• Why would I have to lose weight to be found attractive? That's stupid

• Because you want to be more of an eye catcher than you currently are, at least that's what I took from your rant..

• It just is. It is for women, too. I'm not going to be as a attracted to a guy who is 6'1 and weighs 190 vs. a guy of he same height but ways 300lbs.

• Like I said he's doesn't have a six pack or anything he has a stomach wouldn't consider him chubby chubby but he is chunky

• Why would I lose weight to be found attractive that's stupid men should like u based on personality not weight

• They should and they do, but the truth is, most people are not going to be with someone they don't physically attractive, even if they have an awesome personality. Most guys will talk to girls they find physically attractive first.

If you're comfortable at your weight, then don't lose weight, but don't then bitch when the guy you like doesn't find you attractive because of it. It's just how life works.

• It is for women too.
    Being overweight is unattractive. Period.

• Being curvy isn't overweight just saying

• Well I'm not so I don't appreciate being labeled that

• I never labeled you fat lmfao chill