What should I do I really need help?

Ok so there is this guy at my summer camp he barely knows me yet he likes me, we're friends but he asked me on a date and I don't have the heart to tell him no. I don't want to toy with him but he's a nice kid and I just don't feel the same way. I know I need to tell him No but can you guys help me with a gentle way to say no with out hurting his feelings?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, you've got two basic approaches... the "little white lie" where you tell him "Thanks, but I'm really focused on my job and have a lot of other things going on right now and I just don't have the time for much else" and hope he picks up the hint, or just be honest and blunt with him (which he may appreciate if you deliver it the right way).
    Maybe do it before leaving one day so he has time to be bummed for a while without having to be around you or other people, and do it in private away from everyone else. Just tell him honestly
    "I appreciate you asking me out, I'm flattered actually... But I have to be honest, I think we make good friends but I'm not interested in it being anything more than that, I just don't feel it"

Do you know any girls who might be a better fit for him? Maybe work that into your rejection... Add in a "... But, I was actually thinking, my friend Becky really likes the same kind of movies you were talking about and she was talking about how hard it is to find a guy that likes the same things, why don't the 3 of us go bowling next weekend so I can introduce you to her? I think you'd really like her!"

• Unfortunately no he thinks I'm the cutest girl around but I don't want to be a bitch nor do I want to hurt him I'm just lost because I've never had to do this before

• By telling him the truth you aren't being a bitch, you're being honest.

Now, if you told him around other people, or right at the beginning of the day, and just said "You? No way! Get lost!" or something like that, yeah... that's a bitch.
      But discreetly let him know that you appreciate his offer, but you aren't interested in being anything more than just friends... it might hurt for a minute, but he'll appreciate you doing it kindly and thoughtfully, and he'll get over it soon enough. He'll still have his pride, he won't be embarrassed in front of other people, and he won't get the wrong idea (like if you made up an excuse, he might think you were still interested)

• I've been through with hell with guys and I'm but ready to date yet

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell him the truth. You don't feel the same, that you like him as a friend and that he's a great guy. explain that he's not weird or anything (when people get rejected they feel like they aren't attractive enough to date) so make it clear that it's just you and not him just don't say it in the cleshay way of " it's not you its me"