Should I be worrying about this? Should I do something about it? Is it weird?

I like this guy that goes to school with me. We have been becoming better friends lately and he doesn't know that I've liked him even before I knew him this well. We both flirt and kinda show interest. I know it's kinda shallow and stupid but he's way skinner than me (I'm short and chubby, 5'1 135lbs) and I just feel a little self conscious. He's also taller than me which I like. I know that I shouldn't care what society says but I kinda view it the same way. I feel like it's just weird to be dating a guy who's smaller than you. Is it weird that he is and that I care? It's not that I don't like that he's skinny, i like him how he is. I just don't want to feel like i can suffocate him. Also when he offers me his jacket or something if it's cold I'm scared I won't fit. When we are eating out I try to be as chill as I can. I just don't want him to see me eat. I'm scared he'll think I'm pig. When he goes for hugs I feel weird like he won't be able to wrap his arms around me completely (even if I know he can) I've been trying to lose weight lately but it hasn't been working so well. If you have any tips please include them too. (He hasn't mentioned anything about my weight to me directly or indirectly, it's just my worries).

• It's not weird don't worry about it
  • Yeah that's weird, do something about it
  • It's kinda weird but it's fine you don't have to change
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, you're overthinking it! If you both are interested there should be no reason why something like weight should interfere. If he really likes you he probably doesn't care about it as much as you do. Don't try changing your image just for him either. If you're trying to lose weight for yourself, that would be different. Also remember that you need to be happy first before being able to truly make another person happy. Be confident in yourself, trust me confidence is key. A person is the most attractive that way! Live in the moment and don't let those thoughts discourage you. Good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Hey slow down and relax

If he is confortable around you and he treats you with love and respect, then he loves and finds you attractive. Screw what society thinks. All that would matter to me is if he truly loved me.