Would you date a young female lawyer?

Or would her profession intimidate you? Why or why not? FYI I'm planning on becoming an attorney after college.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would. I'm a lawyer myself. It would be a challenge during law school because you're so busy (always reading), but it could work.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am an attorney and just turned 25. Follow your dreams is my advice. But make sure you get a scholarship, don't take out 150k in loans because the salaries aren't so high!

What Guys Said 19

• I wouldn't mind being friends with one but Im not sure I would want a relationship with one.

1. I don't really trust them
    2. They work and travel a lot and often have to bring their work home with them.
    3. I get the vibe the sleep around.
    4. She is probably smarter than me and girls generally prefer guys who are at the very least equally as intelligent.
    5. Lawyers tend to be condescending, manipulative, and great at lying.

So overall I think she would be someone who is cool to talk to and hang out with once and a while but I wouldn't want to really open up to them or make a serious emotional investment.

• I'm a lawyer. My job requires no traveling. I've only slept with one guy in my life. I am out of work by 6-630. And I really am a terrible liar. Lol.

• @xxyz123
      There are always exceptions Im just going off what I perceive as the general trend.

I will concede that traveling and hours probably depends on the firm and what kind of law you practice.

Sorry but in person, I would never believe a lawyer who tells me she's only been with one guy. :/

And as far as the lying maybe you're lying about being a terrible liar 😑

Isn't being a good liar like a requirement to being a lawyer.

• You've got it twisted son.

• To be honest, I dont think i would, For her sake,

Being a lawyer is a pretty high income career, And, the path im going down (Carpentry apprenticeship) Essentially makes me lower class scum in the eyes of society, So, I feel like a lawyer could do a lot better then me and that would bother me.

• I'm a lawyer and I don't make a lot of money.

• @thewanderingme I can't for another year, I have to stay with this employer until i finish my apprenticeship otherwise i get kicked out of college, Besides, I live on a very very very tiny island, With extremely few workshop jobs, I would have to move to a different country to work like that.

Hopefully its an issue i can try and resolve as i get older.

• point is you can do something else though. finish your apprenticeship then switch to whatever else you want

• It definitely wouldn't intimidate me. I'd be more intrigued and slightly excited than anything. I'd be observant as to why - is it for the money, or because she likes the intellectual challenge or does she want to achieve a political or social objective with the law? If it was just an unimaginative route to big bucks, I'd be put off.

Being political with it, as many lawyers are (see Atticus Finch, for example), might be exciting but there's a risk with political people of their becoming boring or predictable or humourless.

If it was for the intellectual challenge, I'd ask her on a date.

If she managed to combine all three aspects without being boring or money-obsessed, I'd ask her to marry me.

• You would not want to date a guy who fears you just because of your profession, wouldn't you?

Also, female suits are overly sexy, imho. ;)

So, it is actually an attraction factor for me.

• I would only date a mature female lawyer.

• young isn't equal to immature in all cases.

• Young , mature or not is no longer for me. :D

• I would say... probably not?

Its not an intimidation thing... its just career women dont really have anything to offer me. I want a woman for her time attention and reproductive ability... career women dont have spare time to give me any if those things.

• It depends on what type of lawyer she is. If she's a defense attorney who helps get rich people and big corporations off even though they're guilty then I couldn't date her out of principal

• Hmm yeah, don't see why not, if she likes it certainly.

• Deal's off if she's a liberal. Liberal lawyers piss me off.

If she isn't a Liberal, only if I completely trust her. If the Big Bang Theory has taught me anything, it's that female lawyers are slippery fuckers.

• I'm a conservative moderate lawyer. No liberals here. I represent the big guy not the underdog lol

• Definitely! I love arguing.

Joking aside, it's not intimidating at all ( not to me ).
    I had this major crush on a law student once, mainly because she was really clever and I liked engaging in debate.

• Yes it's always good to have one on the payroll.

• I certainly would, if I found her attractive! Not intimidating at all! It's just how it would be!

• All I care is if I find her attractive and if I like hanging out with her

• Sure. Why would it intimidate anyone. Also id have someone to back me up of i get in trouble

• i can see why one would be fearful but i wouldn't and i know plenty who wouldn't mind, a successful woman who has her own is an extreme turn on!

• it wouldn't be an issue

• Well considering I'm going for a law degree, sure.

• no because she would know all the laws to exploit me.

• I actually meet a young women who was going through school to become a lawyer , I meet her during the summer when she was working at a restaurant , she was easy going and a party girl , wouldn't of really known she was becoming a lawyer. I don't really know what she'd be like as the lawyer , I'd find it intimidating being with someone of such higher standing than me. I'm never going to have a law degree and be a lawyer. I also find its the kind of job that takes up a good % of someones time , it really didn't bother me that she wanted to be one but not something I'd care much for. I would of tried to date her if she hadn't been so difficult about it

What Girls Said 2

• (smiling)
    I already date male lawyers but am yet to date a female one :)
    Definitely :P

Bi grrrl right here.

• They would date I hope 😂