He told me he didn't want a relationship then got into a serious relationship after we stopped talking?

So I was talking to this guy for about 8 months he told he didn't want a relationship and said I would push the issue I even met his family and friend and hung out with them all the time I'm really close with his mom I just don't understand for 8 months he told me he didn't want a realtionship and then he started talking to others girls I'm pretty sure she didn't know about me and we stopped talking and he starts dating her right after and they have been together for a year now I just don't get it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he didn't have the balls to tell you the truth: that he isn't really into you and wants somebody else. You'll find a much better guy who is really into you and loves you, don't worry.

• yeah you never know why he kept you around so long. It could have been other reasons why he still messed you but it wasn't love

• thanks for mho!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes (or even often) when people say they don't want a relationship, it's not that they can't commit, they just have to find the right person for them to do that with. It sounds like he just met someone he felt ready to commit to.

Sorry it happened that way, it sucks. Advice for next time though - if you want a relationship, don't continue dating a guy for months and months if he says he doesn't want one. It doesn't matter what the reason is, it's just not worth it. You're better off finding someone else who's really into you and ready for a relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• He was basically telling you in a pussy way that he didn't want to date you. He chickened out on going straight up and just saying he doesn't like you that way. (Friend zoned)

• He was lying to you. Forget about him.

• i would not care about him if i were you, he was lying to you. would you want to be together with someone who lies to you? i dont.

• He didn't want a relationship with YOU. It happens.

What Girls Said 4

• He just wasn't that into you. even though all that happen, he didn't see a future with you and thats why he said that. Some guys that bc they dont want it with you and some guys say that bc they dont want to commit at all to anyone and you happened to find out that its bc he didn't want to be with you seriously.

Why her? bc he liked her more and felt more a connection with her. It sucks. i know and how long y'all were together and how it just felt right but he wasn't feeling the same way about you. He just chose the other woman he felt more for.

• This may sound hurtful, but maybe he truly didn't want a serious relationship until he met her. This doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. He just may see something in her specifically that sparks his interest. In my experience, if a guy really wants a relationship with you, he'll be pretty insistent right from the start.

• You were the back burner woman.

• Move on.