What would you do if your BF/GF says she/he doesn't want to get married?

My girlfriend of 1 year says she doesn't want to get married. I didn't ask her to marry me we just had a conversation about what we want to do with our lives in the future etc and she said she doesn't want to marry. I really do so what do I do? What would you do? Continue the relationship or end it? I know its early and she may change her mind in the future. Anyone got any experience when it comes to this?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that her parents are religious so no marriage means no living together and no kids etc.

What Girls Said 1

• She obviously wants to be in a relationship, or she wouldn't have committed the one year with you. I'd talk to her about it, what she thinks your future looks like, how she would view living together without being married. If she would want to plan a future with someone without the wedding. Not everyone needs a wedding/be married to be in a happy relationship. I'd just ask her to clarify and see how she sees her future, and if you're apart of it. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say thank god no need to waste money on a pointless ceremony.

• I forgot to mention that her parents are religious so no marriage means no living together and no kids etc.

• Then I'd scream "hallelujah" about the kids. But living together fuck her parents and just do it.

• ^^ this
      why does iot matter what her parents think if it gets in the way of yours and her happpinesds?