Does the person you are dating do this as well?

I have been dating someone for about a month (not exclusive). His texting habits are kind of sporadic, texting me good morning/night, texting through the day etc. This has happened many times though, the conversation is dropped and many hours go by w/out him answering. The interest is there, but I was wondering if this happens to other people as well that do have partners that are very much interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend of a year SUCKS at texting and responding. Best boyfriend ever, were extremely happy and into one another. I used to take it personally and question his interest but then I realized how ridiculous it was to base interest level in a relationship on technology. So now I no longer take it personally. If I have something important to talk to him about and I need a response right away, I call him. He's never missed a call of mine.

What Guys Said 4

• He could just be busy. It happens.

Relationships depend on trust. I'm not sure if you're exactly implying you don't trust him, but you should unless something actually happens.

You shouldn't base interest on texting, if anything, you should base it how he acts around you when you guys go out.

• Depends on the topic of conversation, you can't expect someone to carry on for hours over what the weather is like.

• This is why I don't real like texting...

• Yes it's normal

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend always responds to my messages and I do the same. Even when we were dating we wouldn't ignore each other's messages and we always make a reasonable effort to keep the flow. With that said, there just isn't always time for chit chat for hours on end. Some hour delays is to be expected.

• Dating is not based on a text or texting habits, maybe he is busy

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more