Do you ever feel like getting into a relationship, then you realize you're happier single?

I have been single for a year now, I've been focusing on myself for awhile and i think im ready to be in a relationship, the only thing is that when I look at my friends and other relationships and i see them arguing or not being able to make a decision on their own and having to double check sometimes if its ok to do something, etc etc. Those things make me just want to stay single and keep enjoying myself and not have to worry about everything that comes with a relationship.

Anyone else feels this way too?

• Yes, I've felt like that
  • No, never felt like that

Most Helpful Girl

• never felt that. i love being in a relationship, but I'm not upset being single either.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want to just stay single and not deal with the drama then just stay single. You don't need anyone else or a relationship to be happy anyway. Either you are happy regardless or you aren't a happy person regardless if you are single or in a relationship. You already had a prior relationship from what you told us, it's not like you have not yet experienced what it was like to be with somebody in a relationship.

It is better to take charge and make the decisions on your own instead of always can I do this or can I do that constantly and always asking for approval. It may be fine in the beginning but I think that will diminish the attraction from the girls that your friends are in relationships with. It takes hard work, and compromising is very important and essential to the success of a relationship. The more you are able to compromise and negotiate successfully then the less fighting and arguments would occur. Otherwise if you think that's too much work, and too difficult you can always be like, aw fuck that shit, I'll go my own way and do my own thing instead of being in a relationship with anyone and having to compromise with them all the fucking time all just in order for it to work and last.

What Girls Said 6

• The right relationship won't feel like that. If it does, it isn't the "right" one. It's okay to change your mind if you feel that relationship is only going to do more harm than good. Your happiness matters, too!

• Oh yes. I'd much rather stay single for the time being.

• Yeeeep, I feel You brother !

• Yesss lol

• Im single for almost 2 years now but i've been dating. Right now I dont want to be in a serious relationship so going out with no commitment is prolly the most suitable scenario for me and you :D

• Actually I would feel like this only when there is pressure from those around

What Guys Said 8

• I have always been single so I have no idea if I'd be happier in a relationship but I'd like to take the chance.

• Dude I felt like that for about a year was single and saw everything from a broken marrage to my friends fighting but then I met this girl and she's amazing and it doesn't feel like that. It changes when you meet the right one.

• Wow that helps a lot. Well then i have hopes still!

• Nope, never felt that, never will.

• It is nothing more than luck that i haven't felt that way

• Nope, never felt that since I never had the chance to be in a relationship.

• People drain my energy and I think a relationship is draining

• Exactly!! I agree with you!

• I heard someone that's good for you should be someone that energizes you and makes you happy like you see or hear them and the weight of the world is lifted and you smile so genuinely. Fuck I'm down for that

• Yes but its passes, and as long as you have a good partner. Not too clingy or needy, or a slut.

• The single is gentile :-D