Would it be ok to date my brother's ex gf?

Honestly I've always had a crush on her but she chose my brother at the time so I was reduced to just thinking about her in my fantasies. They broke up after many arguments and other issues.

Besides I kind of precipitated the break-up too by telling my brother that it wasn't worth fighting for an unstable relationship (throwing in the ''there are other fishes at the sea'' speech, etc). I've been told by others that she finds me attractive too and we've spoken a couple times since their break-up.

Though not sure if it's ok to start dating her since they've only been broken up for 2 months.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't, bro. You would never have peace in this kind of relationship (if it was not your brother feeling betrayed, it would be you the moment your girl had had some 'flashback moments' with your brother).

World, such a big place, so full of people, isn't it? I'm sure that there are other hotties out there for you.

Best of luck!

What Girls Said 1

• No , this is never a good idea because you are crossing a line

• This is why I haven't made early moves after their break-up. I don't want my brother to get confused and then think we had a thing before, which we didn't. Even though, technically it wouldn't be betraying him because they're broken up and they are free to date who they want to but yeah, I can still where this might go. Last thing I want is to cause trouble and him thinking I had this planned from the start (not really, their relationship has been unstable for a long while, even before I convinced my brother to break up).

What Guys Said 2

• I would never date my friend's ex, let alone my brother's. There are certain things that are off-limits for me and this is one of them. If you go out with her, I could see things being really awkward and you could possibly have a strained relationship with your brother.

• yeah I don't want him to then get confused and think we had something before, which we didn't. Technically I wouldn't be really betraying him since after you break up, the person is free to date who she/he wants to but yes I can see how it'll go from there.

• It might make things awkward. You should talk to your brother see how he feels about it

• This got me thinking. If we were to start dating, then it would be scene as if we had something before and don't want my brother to get confused (even though, I didn't betray him). He never knew and still doesn't know that I've always like her. But yes, have thought about talking to him about it.