26/m - Is me living with my parents a dealbreaker?

I have a job and a car. I pay for my own expenses, but I'm living with my parents to keep my rent low so I can pay for school.

Will the majority of women my age (as well as younger and older) see this as a dealbreaker, as far as a relationship or friends with benefits goes?

My parents are home a lot and they're loud but there are still some times when we can have privacy. We could also go out a lot in each other's cars. And I hope that the girl I'm dating could sometimes host at her place too.
Mainly, it's the "moms basement nerd" stereotype that makes me afraid to date and get rejected a ton

Most Helpful Girl

• Since you're in school it is understandable that you want as low debt as possible and using your money to pay for school. However personally I wouldn't want them living with their parents but it just depends right like are you saving too.. how many years you have left etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• Shits expensive nowadays. Im the same age, out of school, working full time paying for everything except rent cause I live with my parents. 26 is still young. Some people if they're not married by then, live with their parents into their 30s. It's not uncommon. I'm not paying for school though, I already graduated school. My problem is that I'm trying to figure out what to do with my degree as I didn't have a job lined up before leaving school. So I have to settle for what I'm doing now which pays all my expenses and then some. But probably couldn't pay for living on my own. Or barely paycheck to paycheck.

What Girls Said 7

• It doesn't personally bother me, especially if it's the early stages of dating because it isn't like I'm looking to live with you. I don't live at home anymore but I get why some people do, so I wouldn't pass a guy up over it.

• yeah, you're right. there's a long time in between having a girlfriend and then wanting to live together. so staying at home for 2 years and finishing up my degree won't be too big of a problem i guess

• Nope. Sleeping together may be a bit more difficult/awkward, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. You seem independent enough and if it's to pay for school then I have nothing to say against that whatsoever.

• how would that work out? 1 night a week at my place, 1 night a week at hers and 1 night a week in the woods?

• my parents are tolerant prudes. it'll be prob be okay as long as it isn't blatant. my biggest fear is a tossup between them hearing her scream or her hearing them loudly argue upstairs about Bed Bath & Beyond coupons.

• LOL def her screaming is worse.

• Deal breaker... yes! Find a roommate. But there's also an age limit to that as well. If you still have a roommate into your mid 30s, girls will start to wonder if you'll ever grow up and be independent. My boyfriend is 34 and has a roommate... it's starting to become an issue for me because I'm wondering if he'll ever want to move out and start a life with me. Don't put yourself into these situations where a girl wonders about these things. It won't bode well for you.

• Then the best solution is to keep living with my parents and studying full-time so that I can have a career that could help pay for a house before I'm 30.

• Certainly! That is a viable solution. Doesn't sound like you're really interested in s relationship right now anyway. Save up, get a great job, land an awesome girl and an amazing relationship.

• Independence is very attractive

• nope, I live with my parents too, my office is nearby with my house, so why should I rent another house in this expensive city. but all the expenses and transportation is on me

• No, you're working on shit. Good for you.

• You're in school. I'm 26. I would date you as long as I was attracted to your personality and looks.

• It wouldn't bother me.

What Guys Said 8

• friends with benefits maybe because most women don't just wanna fuck at their house. It's also a casual relationship that isn't it serious so they can care less if you work or go to school, they just want your dick.

For relationships I would think most would be ok with it. My wife lived at home when we met as she was still in college.

• if they still live with their parents too they have no right to judge

if they have their own place but won't accept the reasons you choose to live with family then they aren't worth your time

• Keeping your rent low is a completely rational move.

If a woman has a problem with that, she's a gold-digger.

• not necessarily. i dont think wanting a guy whose independent is the same thing as wanting a guy to buy her gifts. some girls want maximum relationship freedom. i spent an entire month last summer living at a divorced woman's house with no one but ourselves, so i understand the appeal.

• Yes, as long as they're not the ones paying the bills for maintaining a house of their own.

• You are not going to be bring any girls home that's forsure lol. Just get your school done and then worry about girls man.

• friends with benefits... nah. You'll have to fuck at her place or somewhere else.

Relationship. It might. I had to deal with this. I was in a similar situation at your age.

• If the girl respect you then it's fine. Don't find any bitch that she will like you just for money...
    But yes it will be awkward if she come to your place. Maybe if you have an attic or basement then make some nice place there to stay with her

• There is a saying a girl once emailed me and it goes like this...

A woman will date a man that still lives with his wife... but she won't date a man that still lives with his Mom...

• it really depends on your personality and other factors , some guys this would hurt but if there is other reasons for a girl to like you it wouldn't matter as much