Do drunk people tell the truth about feelings?

A good guy friend of mines who i speak to nearly everyday recently told me he had feelings for me and couldn't stop thinking about me. He went in to detail and mentioned a few things which made me believe him. He mentioned about how i was seeing this guy and he had to see this going on and hated it. then in the morning he told me he didn't mean anything he said and I was to ignore everything he said. I'm really confused does he like me or not.

Ps he was drunk when he told me this

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you not know what alcohol does have you never been drunk?
    Well alcohol does lower your self control and inhibitions so in general you're more your unfiltered self which can be a good of a bad thing. Me for instance I can get hyperactive and annoying when I'm drunk at least in certain situations. A guy i was friends with told e he'd never invite me again because I kept turning up the music at his place even though he asked me not to. Timbaland Shock Value had just come out and I love his stuff. I had no self control or very little so behaved in a way that was not exactly polite. That hasn't happened in a while though. Anyway in general I'd think he was probably more honest when he was drunk but you can't take that as a 100% guarantee. It could be that he had feelings for you and it slipped out or he was just horny or something when he was drunk and started saying stuff I don't know. But there's a decent chance what he said was true and he felt embarassed in the morning.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he does but he was a bit embarrassed so told you to ignore him. Just pretend nothing happened, it'll be awkward if you said anything.

What Guys Said 8

• They can either tell you how they truly feel, or, they can tell you how they feel at the time- which might not be the actual truth. When drinking your emotions get all hyped up, you can tell a lamp you love it because it brings light, but when you sober up, your feelings won;t be as strong.

• Drunk texts are sober thoughts so yesss lol

• Yes for the most part alcohol makes you speak the truth.. if they get too drunk thou, they just talk gibberish.

• I'm sure drunk guys have told the truth. More often they make up shit just to get in your pants.

• Sometimes, but it's not necessarily a guaranteed given. I suppose they do more often than not, but like I said - it's not guaranteed.

• He probably likes you and was embarrassed about it

• He probably meant it and felt very embarrassed/vulnerable and regretted it

• Yes he likes you, but now that he's sobered up he realises that he shouldn't have said those things because you are taken.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. My mom certainly did. We don't talk anymore.

• depends upon the level of drunkenness, not sure of that's even a word,