Why do I feel bad about this?

So a while ago my crush had told me that we would probably never date. Not for the disinterest in me as a romantic partner , but for the fact that they don't want a relationship in high school. Now Being the easy going person that I am I understand their disinterest in me and the whole construct in dating in general during high school. It wasn't until they continued on after I said I was never going to ask them out that I got upset. They continued saying they would never be interested in me and frankly I'd be wasting my time and getting my hopes up falling for them. Including that I would never have a shot with them. To which I interrupted in anger. I may have cursed them out and stormed off to my next class.

They brought it up recently in a group conversation and my stomach clenched and my shoulders fell. I feel bad about cursing , but I can't stop thinking about what they said to me. How should I feel and how should I get over this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You were wrong to curse them out. I agree that they could have phrased it better, but still...
    In life you're going to be rejected many times. It doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't blame you for feeling bad, and they *certainly* could have phrased it better, but I have often recommended that people be very clear to others in the event that they do NOT want to ever become involved.

Often people, especially girls will be so *gentle* that they don't make their definite disinterest known, and the guy keeps hoping.

That's bad for everyone. At least this way you're over her.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0