My girlfriend wants me to marry me. But why would I buy a cow if the milk is free?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• You're right, you shoudn't marry her if that's your thought process.

• If you think of your girlfriend as a piece of chattle, she deserves better than you anyways.

• Because you're not buying a cow, you're marrying a human?

• Can you at least get the idiom right?

• Yeah marrying yourself would be pretty idiotic... I mean you have access to yourself 24/7 😉

• Don't marry her then.

• Maybe because you love her.

What Guys Said 6

• Do what you want, we can't make you do what you don't want to do anyway. You don't have to marry if you really don't want to. But if you lose her because of your decision then be ready to face those consequences for the decision and choice you make.

• I don't get that one. I'd understand if you just don't want to marry her for other reasons but that quote bassically says that because she's already giving you sex outside of marriage, you shouldn't marry her. That just encourages the mentality of women making men wait until marriage for sex.

The quote that I do agree with is: "why pay for the milk if everyone else got free samples". Its probably just as offensive, but logically it makes more sense to me than the first one.

• You don't buy the cow. You enjoy the milk she's giving out free, and enjoy your life. And once you're ready and have found the girl you naturally feel compatible with, and won't pressure you to marry her... then you can tie the knot.

• The milks not free troll
    That is the going price

• Why should you go and get hamburgers when you've got a steak waiting at home?

• maybe your just too young for a marriage , people seem to get married more by early 30's now , not a lot get married here in early 20's