Have you ever dated someone with bipolar disorder or something similar? What was it like?

Bump
Bump.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. And I don't plan to start with it. Never stick your dick in crazy.

Most Helpful Girl

• For the idiots that think that bi polar is an immediate switch. For some it may be, but there's a spectrum like depression, anxiety, etc etc. I'm with someone with severe anxiety and it's fine, you just need to understans their triggers and what to do

• What kinds of things trigger the person you're dating, if you don't mind me asking?

• Death or speaking of tragedy. If you joke about it, it's fine but if it's in a depressed setting then it'll set it off

• Hmm, gotcha.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• Omg they are emotionally toxic and stressful to deal with esp when they dont take their meds

• How about lashing out at you over a small thing? Or going a really long time without wanting to talk to or see you?

• They disturb people's peace. They should be with another bipolar but i think they will strangle each other out of confusion one day..

• Gotcha, thanks.

• My dad was schizophrenic. He thought everyone wants to kill him. He'd lash out on my mom and fight with her all the time. He was thrown out of his job. He ate just ice because he thought he would be poisoned. Disorders like this can't be treated permanently but they can be controlled by proper and regular therapy and treatment with medication.